Azar Acknowledges Biden Win And He’ll Give Transition Team ‘Everything That They Need’

Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Alex Azar on Wednesday stepped away from President Donald Trump’s fantasy that he, not President-elect Joe Biden, won the 2020 election.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1348252

He’d better get a food taster. And someone to start his car for him.

7 Likes

What’s the money on Trump firing Azar by tweet later today and installing Stephen Miller as acting secretary who will scramble to write rules so that immigrants are expressly excluded from receiving Covid vaccines.

5 Likes

By the end of next week almost no one in a position of power will be denying that Trump lost. Everyone coerced into playing this game is already sick of it. Trump has effectively warn out his welcome with nearly everyone who isn’t currently seeking a pardon.

7 Likes

Twitter meltdown and firing in 3…2…

2 Likes

Azar also admitted that objects, when dropped, tend to fall towards the ground…

16 Likes

I’m doing the Scooby Doo thing … and a “Rhut Wrow.”

1 Like

No shit, Dick Tracy!

1 Like

jte said: “…immigrants [will be] expressly excluded from receiving Covid vaccines.”

Right. And Blue States will get the vaccine last.

1 Like

Look at the glass half-full…on the average, one GOPer per day has seen the light on Joe’s being the President Elect. At that rate some 60 odd people will come around by the end of this month.

And the more that come out, the easier it is.

[Yeah…I know…TPM is Cynic City and this fucker can backtrack. But he might not.]

6 Likes

“I’ve already met with the Biden transition team,” he said. “We want to make sure they get everything that they need.”

I don’t mean to hurt Azar’s feelings but, to be honest, all we need from him is his set of keys to the building.

19 Likes

Liar

4 Likes

I love it when it’s breaking news that a government official will actually just do their job.

10 Likes

Heretic!

2 Likes

I don’t know. Perhaps if anyone decides to offer a few tens of millions of doses of vaccine in the next month, “Yes” might be a good answer…

1 Like

Azar trying desperately to find a lifejacket on the Trumptanic.

4 Likes

Sorry, no he didn’t. At least not here. The administration and all R’s have made clear working with the transition doesn’t mean it’s over to them. He didn’t call Biden President-elect even here. He certainly didn’t say Biden won or will be president.

7 Likes

More and more cracks in the dam as the motherfuckers realize they could actually go to jail.

4 Likes

Exactly. Doing backflips to avoid it. Using diplomatic speak to avoid offending Trump like he’s some 3rd world dictator with nukes.

6 Likes

so what happened between Sunday and today? I don’t see how he’d feel pressure today to acknowledge reality that he did not feel on Sunday.

2 Likes