Awww, House Mows Over MTG On Way To Passing Ukraine Aid

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1486538
1 Like

images

30 Likes

OMG can you say delusional???
Lindsey Graham Crediting Trump for Ukraine Aid Passing Raises Eyebrows (msn.com)

67 Likes

Might as well join them
Melania Trump Is Now Selling $245 Mother’s Day Necklaces (thedailybeast.com)

Being a mother is one of the most important roles in life… I have designed the ‘Her Love & Gratitude’ necklace to express immense gratitude and honor all mothers,” Melania said.

Amanda Yen
This is the first time that Melania, who kept a low profile during jury selection this week, has entered the desperate cash-grab arena.

42 Likes

Yes
Biden marks Earth Day with $7bn ‘solar for all’ investment amid week of climate action | Biden administration | The Guardian

55 Likes

Buckle up, folks. I sure hope y’all have lots and lots and lots and lots of popcorn! S’gonna be a busy, busy week! Good luck to our fine folk @TPM in keeping up with it all. T’seems their cup may runneth over!

61 Likes

RFK Jr. candidacy hurts Trump more than Biden, NBC News poll finds

68 Likes

A glimpse of hope in the House? Colleagues calling out “scumbags” and “Putin sympathizers” in their midst. Baby steps.

77 Likes

I laughed when I heard the Rethugliklan morans in Congress (I know it’s redundant) were upset about the waving of Ukraine flags, mostly because it reminded me of when they gleefully waved Trump-Russian flags at a CPAC meeting in 2017.

download

76 Likes

Probably several factors influenced Johnson’s putative change of heart, not the least being the pleas of his conference’s leadership viz “As you consider efforts to support Ukraine, we humbly ask that you consider the plight of Christians …The Russian government’s decision to invade Ukraine and to target Baptists and other evangelical Christians in Ukraine has been a tragic hallmark of the war.”

Southern Baptist leaders have written to U.S. House Speaker Mike Johnson, a member and former official of their denomination, urging him to support Ukraine in Russia’s war against its Eastern European neighbor. ...

The letter, sent Monday (April 8), was signed by Daniel Darling, director of the seminary’s Land Center for Cultural Engagement; Richard Land, the namesake of the center and a former president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission; Yaroslav Pyzh, president of Ukrainian Baptist Theological Seminary; and Valerii Antoniu, president of the Baptist Union of Ukraine.

Johnson is a former trustee of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, serving when Land — who also is a former commissioner of the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom — was its president.

RNS
Make no mistake, Johnson is a Christian Nationalist of the first water but his loyalty to Trumpism serves that cause before the man. Persecution of his fellow Christianists, the real thing instead of myth, would certainly weigh on that as well.
50 Likes

Maybe Johnson just got tired of being pushed around by a girl.

13 Likes

It’s ugly.

68 Likes

Oh no. She’s been at it for a while…

https://melaniatrump.com/collections

28 Likes

Trump’s war on justice is being fought on multiple fronts today. And it’s not looking so good for the former mobster president. So sad, donnie, so very sad, lol.

27 Likes

UAW Wins Historic VW Union Election In Landslide | Crooks and Liars
The Republicans in the Southern state have worked long and hard to make their states as union unfriendly as they could. They thought they had their states locked up tight. Then the UAW, led by President Shawn Fain, came to Tennessee. They locked arms with the men and women at the Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee and showed them what solidarity looks like:

Hourly workers at Volkswagen’s plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee overwhelming voted to join the United Auto Workers late Friday, a major breakthrough in the union’s effort to organize workers at plants nationwide.

Shortly after 11 pm ET on Friday the National Labor Relations Board, the federal body that oversees such votes, announced that 73% of the 3,600 workers at the plant who cast ballots had voted in favor of joining the union. There was an 84% turnout among eligible voters.

80 Likes

I really don’t even understand what it is supposed to be… a three-leaf clover?

40 Likes

Now, put a sock in her mouth! Her attention neediness is compulsive!

5 Likes

MTG - she big mad! hahaha!

She’ll get even. Just you wait and see. (not holding my breath)

19 Likes

Interesting…

… some might speculate that secretly Johnson fantasizes about being pushed ( or spanked)

4 Likes

St. Patrick’s Day was over a month ago.

Valentine’s Day was over two months ago.

21 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available