Army Secretary Confirms That Vindman Will Not Be Investigated

Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy confirmed that Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman will not be investigated for his testimony during the House impeachment inquiry, despite President Donald Trump’s nudging.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1291447
1 Like

Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy will soon announce his early retirement from the armed forces.

24 Likes

McCarthy will now be fired in 3, 2, 1 ….

15 Likes

No investigations for you!

Sucks to be you, Donnie…

7 Likes

“Will no one rid me of this turbulent Army Secretary?”
-Current Occupant

5 Likes

Now there’s a profile in courage…be still my heart. Sorry but even if this was done with a genuine sense of propriety and fully aware his boss wouldn’t like it doesn’t absolve him from actually agreeing to work for this corrupt administration.

7 Likes

To be replaced by Manafort banker Stephen Calk, who I hear still wants the job and will do whatever it takes.

6 Likes

Do we have enough time to start a pool on when the next trumpster tweet about Vindman belches forth?

I say 60 minutes.

10 Likes

Well thank heaven for small favors. For now. Who knows what angle Trump will try next. He’s not going to leave Vindman alone. It’s horrifying.

16 Likes

THIS too is how you maintain good order and discipline, good for Army Secretary McCarthy.

11 Likes

What’s going to drive Fat Donnie crazier? This or McCabe? Bwahahaha

11 Likes

The best question is, what would they investigate?

10 Likes

I was wondering what violence he will suggest that “someone” needs to inflict.

5 Likes

There is no reason to investigate or discipline Vindman. For what it is worth, John Kelly reminded Trump and everyone else that Vindman is an honorable man and patriot… He did everything right, the way he was trained and for that he should be commended. Trump is a coward and impeached forever.

25 Likes

It’s a good thing Trump is re-surrounding himself with people like Hicks and McEntee.

I’m sure they’ll help him get through the day and weekend calmly and completely under control.

5 Likes

Thankfully, there are people in the military who still stand up for what is right, and they will protect someone like Vindman. I suspect that Trump will continue to attack Vindman, he’s an easy target…and if this doesn’t expand into an attack on the military, or at least McCarthy, I will be surprised.

I’m still waiting for the military to turn its back on Trump…you’ll know it’s happening when veterans associations start calling for him to lose in November. Active duty soldiers can’t get involved, but veterans will speak up…so far it doesn’t seem like a general repudiation has happened, but it really should because Trump is so bad for the military even though they still think that Republicans are the “patriot party” or some nonsense like that.

17 Likes

Investigate what? Honesty? Upholding his sworn oath to defend the constitution? Refusal to commit a crime? They should promote the guy and give him a medal.

20 Likes

He’s been busy with criticizing Joe Manchin and trying to rile up the Bernie Bros about how rigged the Democrat primary system is against Sanders, the not-a-Democrat.

6 Likes

Over 100 soldiers have now been diagnosed with acute brain trauma due to the missile attack on their base, Iranian retaliation for Trump’s assassination of Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani . And Trump has TWICE asserted a very few soldiers are suffering from minor headaches.

Why the hell the feared coup hasn’t already occurred is a mystery.

5 Likes

Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy confirmed that Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman will not be investigated for his testimony during the House impeachment inquiry…

“We’re just gonna go straight to the court martial.”

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available