Arizona SoS Office: CPAC Request To Monitor Drop Boxes Akin To ‘Arsonist Calling The Fire Department’

Does that mean if you see Matt Schlapp in the vicinity of a polling station you can report him?

2 Likes

Get outta here with your “facts” and “logic”, we only deal in truthiness.

1 Like

Does either Matt Schlapp or Bill Walton live in AZ? Do they want their organization to be financially on the hook for voter intimidation violations. Do either of these two yahoos remember what happened when AZ did a recount?

And lastly my biggest WTAF question is why do they not remember that in 2020 we were dealing with a pandemic. A 'effing world wide pandemic that killed millions on people.

3 Likes

Anyone caught “monitoring” ballot drop boxes who cannot show immediate written authority that county’s top election official should be arrested on charges of election interference and prosecuted.

2 Likes

We are dealing with the same idiocy here in Ohio. Frank got his fee-fees hurt.
“Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose has asked Statehouse leaders to create a law eliminating ballot drop boxes after a court ruled that people with disabilities should have more opportunities to vote. Using his own powers, he put more steps in place for voters to use drop boxes ahead of the November election.

Nearly four million Ohioans voted last November, with 1 in 4 people voting absentee, according to state data.

5 Likes

Akin To ‘Arsonist Calling The Fire Department’

Fox guarding the henhouse, wolf looking after the sheep, Denny Hastert running a scouting camp, so many analogies come to mind.

3 Likes

Southern Baptist Church Camp…

I’m in California, not Arizona, but here it seems all the drop boxes are just outside a public building (library, city council office, etc.). It would be simple to mount a camera with a clear view of every drop box, and have the ability of election officials of both parties to monitor remotely. So when a Bolshevik wearing a Harris Walz t-shirt starts shoving their allotted 2,500 ballots into the box there would be a clear record. Oh, and Matt Schlepp should STFU.

4 Likes

I assume the point is to intimidate people in “urban areas” into not walking up to the dropbox that is being scrutinized and then hope that voter isn’t motivated enough to vote another way. Seems like this would run afoul of loitering restrictions in some places. I also wonder about any laws regarding, and I quote, “creepy ass motherfuckers who might be filming for any number of bullshit reasons.”

6 Likes

To make sure everyone knows who they are, CPAC said they’ll be wearing white robes with tall pointy hats that have eye-holes in them, and will carry torches as it gets dark to help folks identify where the ballot boxes are located.

4 Likes

What about talking with them and establishing a roster of who is going to be covering which boxes when? Then you set up hidden cameras to monitor activities with stand by forces to intervene if they start harassing voters…

It would not be surprising if some plant comes by, recoils in ostensible fright and drops a handful of phony ballots …all printed up and ticked off for Biden./s

2 Likes

Well, good morning to you too-

2 Likes

The League of Women Voters has already been demonized by the far right. It might have something to do with the XX factor, because, you know, such creatures should be home tending the babies and making master’s home pleasant for his return, not worrying their pretty little heads with XY concerns.

4 Likes

Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

As far as I’m concerned, CPAC can watch every drop box they want to watch, in Arizona or anywhere else in the country, provided that they understand:

1. They are not official poll watchers.
  2. They have no power whatever to impede anyone from putting anything in those drop boxes.
  3. If they do hinder anyone’s access to the drop box they will held liable under civil and criminal law particularly with respect to election law.
  4. Because they are not official poll watchers, there is no training provided or endorsed by the Secretary of State. County elections officials will be instructed by the SoS not to provide training for would-be drop box monitors. (A nice touch would be a letter of opinion from the Attorney General outlining the potential liabilities that would accrue from providing such training along with a warning that the AG’s Office will intervene to obtain a TRO prohibiting such training if necessary.)
  5. A final nice touch would be for a good government/civil rights group (LWV, Common Cause, ACLU, NAACP, etc) or a coalition to announce that they will monitoring the drop box monitors.
4 Likes

I could say something along the lines of “Maybe Matt Schlapp should find something to do that makes a better contribution to society, like molesting a 20 year-old male intern.” But that would be unkind and I wouldn’t want to be unkind, so I won’t say anything like that.

2 Likes

Actually, the LWV doesn’t care any more what your karyotype, phenotype, or gendertype is. Back in the Dark Age, XYs were allowed to join as affiliate members, but in the 1970s they opened full membership to everybody.

5 Likes

I really hate the ratf**kers that want to monitor drop boxes.The ballot validation takes place elsewhere. In my town, we have a drop box. I love the convenience. And if a maga dope tried to film me I would call the cops and film them. I really hope the voters in AZ are brave enough to drop their ballot and F the deplorables that want to deprive them of that right

1 Like

Same thing here in WA. When we lived in Sammamish my wife and I would drop off our ballots at the dropbox at city hall - right next to the main police station. Well lit and under surveillance. Now that we’re in Bellingham, our drop box is in the middle of a parking lot out in the open, near a bank, some restaurants, and a fair amount of traffic. No nosy weirdos so far in 5 years.

1 Like

Matt Schlapp–isn’t he the guy notorious for gay harassing young male staffers? Or as I like to think of him, Kevin Spacey without the acting talent.