Arizona Democrats Censure Sinema For Blow To Voting Rights Legislation

She’s officially taking heat: the Arizona Democratic Party has had enough of Sen. Kyrsten Sinema’s (D-AZ) bold mavericking.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1402370

Hopefully, Ms. Sinema is still wearing her “F*ck Off” ring and that it’s pointing squarely at her.

22 Likes

Hope there can be some organized boycotting of ANY businesses that pay her back for this behavior with board seats in the future.

9 Likes

She seemed to get over it.

75 Likes

I guess she saw how successful it was for Joe and thought “why not me?”

16 Likes

This is great news. Unfortunately, in our current political climate, 2 years is an eternity. Her political fate no longer matters.

9 Likes

No psychiatrist here, but everything dealing with this woman is going to go through the prism of abject immaturity and other assorted kiddie emotions and personal hang-ups.

If she had a smidgen of logic in her stances and mannerisms of communication to grown-ups, constructive dialogues would have been possible.

31 Likes

In Sinema’s dysfunctional brain, maintaining the filibuster is more important than voting rights and democracy itself. Unbelievably dysfunctional.

23 Likes

I’m not a big fan of punishment when punishment produces retaliation. Sinema is in a position to make things worse for Democrats. Revenge that boomerangs doesn’t feel good.

12 Likes

Cinema’s reaction: Meh.

5 Likes

Photo caption

“Thing Zero”

4 Likes

On the other hand, not doing the right thing out of fear just perpetuates bad behavior.

It’s a quandary, that’s for sure. Which is why GOTV is so vital this year, even more so than usual.

29 Likes

I hear you brother, but at this point, what could she do to make things worse? Even if she or Sen. Manchin switched over to the GOP to give them the Senate majority, would it make a substantive difference? The legislative agenda of the Biden Administration is already dead, and nothing will get passed without some miracle Dem reversal in the midterm elections.

5 Likes

Children will die with the stoppage of the Child Tax Credit.

And this woman gets her fee fees hurt and “retaliates”:

180 degrees from the concept of “public servant”. And the journos who crow about her enriching herself (like some goddam discussion of a baseball player upping his contract payout) are pathetic.

Being able to run down a fly ball is not helping the needy.

19 Likes

Why would he? He’s not a Democrat.

2 Likes

I’m tired of everyone calling her a narcissist

So unfair to narcissists

7 Likes

100% agree.

Although focusing on her being, essentially, a Middle Schooler recently promoted from sixth grade to seventh would–at least–accurately describe what we are dealing with here.

8 Likes

This is slightly off topic and may be more frightening than Sinema caucusing with the Republicans- Speaker of the House Taylor-Greene or Jordan. You know that Trump will not forget what Kevin Mccarthy said in the immediate aftermath of the insurrection because Marjorie and Gym wont let him. If that wont get you out to vote in the midterm nothing will!

5 Likes

Leaving an abusive person often generates retaliation. But it still has to be done and is better than the alternative.

24 Likes

Arizona Democrats Censure Sinema For Blow…

I knew that she had to be on something.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available