Appeals Court Lets DOJ Access Classified Docs Trump Hoarded At MAL

I coulda been a contenduh!!!

(Sorry, darcy, just couldn’t resist… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

18 Likes

Soon to be banned at a library near you.

8 Likes

Still love it: I coulda been a somebody

7 Likes

I still wanna know how Faux Noise got away with the FMR in the chyron - true believers don’t believe that for a moment.

So: where else did you send it?

Sort of implies more than one ultimate destination, doesn’t it? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Thomas walked back her apparent eagerness to speak to the panel several weeks after her Daily Caller interview, with her lawyer demanding that the committee give a “better justification” for interviewing his client.

So I have to wonder what that ‘better justification’ was, because I don’t see how this benefits either side. She isn’t gonna talk and the committee is gonna be stuck with another 440 ‘I don’t recalls’ or fifth amendment pleas.

13 Likes

Tweet

@harrylitman
](https://twitter.com/harrylitman)

11th cir grants partial stay. Has trump had a worst legal day ever
Lets hope this is the beginning of a trend!

20 Likes

I hope that’s not a pet picture.

People keeping venomous reptiles should be taking special precautions, you know.

14 Likes

Yesterday is one of those days that give me hope, but at the end of the evening I remembered we still don’t know a damn thing about the billionaire crazies who fund and applaud Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis They are still scurrying around in the shawdows writing checks and encouraging the worst. Worse we still are watching our media drift on a wave of bothsiderism into fascist crazy land.

33 Likes

Donnie’s comeuppance is 70+ years overdue.

25 Likes

Good to see a panel of judges seemingly interested in the law, or, more crassly, appeals court says to trump: fuck around and find out!

17 Likes

I’m rather hoping this is the high-water mark and that the worst is yet to come.

6 Likes

Not a lawyer, but I’ve read many contracts and court documents in my career. Folks should read the 11th circuit ruling. It is exceptionally well written, crisp, sharp and to the point. Just ignores the Trump inanity. This is how the law should work, and evidently, sometimes it does, and there’s hope.

73 Likes

Coulda been somebody, coulda had class.

But no, tonight wasn’t his night.

5 Likes

Who knew that presidents are endowed with special mind powers?

Spankings for TFG and Judge Cannon come as a relief that any president must follow the procedural rules for declassification. There is no precedent for what TFG claims to be true. But I have a suggestion: Judge Cannon could resign and offer her legal services as TFG’s attorney. Not as glamorous as being called Judge Cannon–but at least her legal work on his behalf would be legitimate.

30 Likes

His Old Man should have dragged him down to the Times Square recruiting office. Would have done the entire world a favor.

10 Likes

Two of the judges who made the ruling in the Appeals court were Trump appointees. Also, according to Michael Cohen, the $250 million suit against him and his family is just the base price. Cohen thinks the final penalty might be north of $750 million once all of the evidence is presented.

Trump and three of his children are all going down and will probably do jail time. At this point, I don’t see any alternatives to that conclusion.

20 Likes

I am so fscking old, I remember when Lee Atwater Karl Rove helped to crush John Kerry’s Presidential campaign by claiming, falsely, that John Kerry hadn’t fought in Vietnam. And now, the GOP is putting forth candidates that falsely claim to be combat veteran. JHFC. JHFC on a pogo stick.

Edit: Got the name wrong… it was Rove, not Atwater h/t: @eaharrison

41 Likes

Not me. Either time or the Russian system or both will deal with his criminal ass.

6 Likes

The 11th Circuit opinion demolishes Trump’s declassification argument. Even if Trump waived his magic wand Trump didn’t change the words on the page or make them any less importantt to American security, worse for Trump declassificaton didn’t convert them from government property to his personal property. Pissing on trees might be the way cats mark their property but it isn’t the way humans do it.

30 Likes

Butter

20 Likes

Thing is, though, in prison he probably wouldn’t be able to dye his hair orange (or have it cut so he can do that elaborate comb-over of his) or wear orange face powder.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available