‘Another Kind Of Insurrection’: Trump Castigated For Scheme With DOJ Lawyer To Oust Acting AG | Talking Points Memo

A Justice Department attorney is said to have schemed with former President Trump to oust the acting attorney general as part of a plan to force lawmakers in Georgia to overturn the state’s 2020 presidential election results.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1356312
1 Like

A couple of white guys conspiring to overthrow the election? Call it what it is, domestic terrorism…

56 Likes

And the only place Mr. Clark should ever be allowed to practice law again is inside a federal prison.

Word.

53 Likes

This was a political coup happening, just like Nixon’s Saturday Night Massacre.

Blatant Abuse of Power.

If Trump had any shame, he would have committed hara kiri by now.

21 Likes

He can represent his Federalist Society. Surely they have no scruples, when you have an “R” next to your name.

12 Likes

I think Mr Jeff Clark is DOA already as of Friday Jan 22, 2021. He knows it… the whole world knows it. Just a matter of time before his ass is on the street… and the investigation will ensnare him as well as his “client” - Individual-1.

52 Likes

“Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe.” ― Frederick Douglass

44 Likes

This asshole better not get off scot-free … :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

34 Likes

Disgusting but true: this won’t win 17 votes.

21 Likes

How about more real news and fewer repeated tweets. This story isn’t journalism. It is just cut and paste. The author should be ashamed.

This is an important story. I want to know the details of the plot.

8 Likes

Can you be more specific?:wink:

15 Likes

I saw this discussed on Rachel Maddow last night (and then on Lawrence O’Donell’s Last Word) and the point was brought up by both that “interference with the election results in Georgia” was included in the impeachment particulars.

37 Likes

Anyone surprised?

5 Likes

And just wait until the unredacted Mueller Report is released by Attorney General Garland…

47 Likes

:joy:

You’re right, of course. Definitely needs specifying…except, in the case of BLOTUS sycophants, I can easily say, “all of ‘em, Katie.”

10 Likes

Well, now we know why Trump rushed back to the WH instead of staying comfy in Mar-a-GoGo.

50 Likes

We can only hope that more evidence will come out before the Senate trial, but will it be enough to convince the brain dead to vote to convict? If the evidence that we already have was not enough, they are a lost cause.

14 Likes

Off on a tangent - how much of a fuss will the sedition/treason/foreign agent wing of the GOP Senate (i.e., most of the GOP Senate) put up over confirming a bona fide AG, when they have so much to hide, and so much to lose?

27 Likes

In the article there is a huge amount of detail - including the fact that Trump was being vocal about this a week BEFORE Barr left. Well, Mr. Billy Barr - what did you know and when did you know it?

47 Likes

It amazes me as to just how fast people roll over just because the GOP decides to lie, reject accurate reporting and stick to message.

There was a tornado full of “the-GOP-will-never-convict”, along with mis-portraying Democrats.

Trump will either get convicted or the GOP as a whole will.

45 Likes