Anonymous White House Officials Leak Meadows’ Scheme To Catch Leakers

Instead of Catholic, I’d say Opus Dei Catholic - the far-right Catholic equivalent to whatever group Miller belongs in.

2 Likes

There’s usually at least one article a day that provides some serious comic relief.

2 Likes

Or:

1. Meadows leaked a slightly different version to each of them, not realizing they all get together for martinis after work to bitch about him, then combined their individual versions into one hybrid, thus simultaneously both nobody’s and everybody’s.

Kind of an Orient Express leak…

3 Likes

Well, this is a dribble pad, not the full front-and-back-all-orifices-covered version.

Think of it as a bib for his dick. I think Stormy Daniels would agree that a Keebler Elf-sized dribble pad would possibly be even overly generous for IDIOTUS.

2 Likes

the stupid is way over the top here.

So Meadows tells someone on the staff something. Now, that staff is doubtless going to give a heads up to other staffers who need to know about it in order to do their jobs properly. This is especially true since Trump is so erratic. In a normal administration, you might get a heads up before the information is disseminated through the normal bureaucratic channels – there is no need to “gossip” because everyone who needs the info will get the info before they need it.

So Meadows tells Staffer X that Trump is pissed off at John Cornyn for some reason. That Staffer is going to tell all his peers (at least the ones s/he likes) not to mention Cornyn today, and absolutely don’t say anything nice about Cornyn, because Trump has a bug up his ass today. And all those people pass the info along to their friends.

And eventually, it gets to Maggie Haberman. But not because Staffer X leaked to her. And if Meadows disciplines Staffer X, much this gossip that enables the white house to barely function as it is will stop — and things will get even more chaotic.

1 Like

Trump’s Hawaii guy is on the case too…

Thanks for that mental image.

2 Likes

You’re very welcome.

:joy:

2 Likes

When Trump got in he had the drapes changed to the gold ones used in the Clinton administration. Probably would have had more glittery gold ones made but that would have taken more time. There were different less elegant Clinton%20oval%20office ones with Bush II which Obama eventually had changed to maroon.

Anonymous White House Officials Leak Meadows’ Scheme To Catch Leakers

I am way late to this discussion, but this is very funny!

The difference of course is that Trump’s desk is always empty except when they pile some file folders on it for a photo op.

Empty desk, empty mind.

1 Like

I’ve read enough of those and other spy novels to know that this is called a “canary trap”, and that one of the most critical elements in running a successful canary trap is ensuring that the canary doesn’t know about the trap.

1 Like

They think it’s just one person?

1 Like

I knew George Smiley; Mr. Meadows, you are no George Smiley

1 Like

Close. The correct answer is: A single rock.
A bag of rocks is multiple times smarter than Meadows.

1 Like

My conclusion was probably to generous. But, unfortunately, the WH has been far to successful during the Dotard’s term in getting much of the media sidetracked from more serious issues with their crisis du jour.

They’d better be prepared for whatever fakery they come up with to settle into facts on the ground, though. Because we all know how Trump gets his intelligence briefings - via Fox & Friends railing against “anti-Trump” mainstream media stories.

In the 1970s (?) a Russian UN ambassador was giving the US Russian info. This is how the Russians caught him. He defected to US. His wife went out a hotel window in Russia.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available