Anonymous DHS IG Staffers Call For Biden To Fire Inspector General Plagued By Controversy - TPM – Talking Points Memo

We have a pair of goats, brother and sister, that we affectionately call ‘reindeer’ goats. They have a tendency to jump fences, if they’re bored or get too interested in what’s going on outside their area. The story about them is that they were among the first kids sold a couple of seasons ago and they went to a farm with horses. We suppose the horses taught them to jump, as they are the only ones in the eight years of goats on the farm that ever jumped fences.

But if this is the way to get younger voters who resent (as we did) paying into a program that might not be there when they retire, it certainly is a decent plank in the platform.

Politicians have been screaming to dump SS and Medicare for generations. This is just the latest in a long line, but they’re stupid enough to actually try to do it. I give them five years until they undo these and ACA.

3 Likes

Well, so much for the over 55 vote.

My visit to Iran in 1970 opened my eyes to real repression based on religion. They have an outfit called “the Morality Police”. Really it’s thug punks with sticks who patrol streets looking for women to harass and beat senseless. But one could see faces in Iran. The image above looks to be what I saw in Kabul, Afghanistan where a man was lucky to even see a woman in public at all. Houses had windows covered in paint so women could not be seen inside nor could they look out at the world. To be in public in Afghanistan a woman had to be accompanied by a male relative at all times.
Real physical and mental repression. No wonder protests are exploding all over in Iran.
Morality Police.

2 Likes

I love the video!

1 Like

That must be “make it up out of nothing”, as they haven’t reported numbers beyond 2015.

Severe maternal morbidity affected more than 50,000 women in the United States, or about 14.4 per 1,000 deliveries. In 2015, the latest numbers available, the severe maternal morbidity rate in Texas was 18.4 per 1,000 deliveries, according to the state’s 2020 report, which was prepared before the 2021 legislative session.

2 Likes
8 Likes

When your iron fist looks like this, you might be losing your grip.

3 Likes

Shofar envy. (facepalm)

Why stop at over 55? The GQP shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the levers of power and they should lose every single demographic.

1 Like

Kinda what Sinema’s numbers look like here in AZ

1 Like

Putin’s mobilization of troops to send to Ukraine is not going well. Picture at tweet.

Also this

7 Likes

Isn’t it early in the game to hit this tier of conscript? Next up, the kids.

6 Likes

“You must be shorter than THIS to avoid this ride.”

5 Likes

Yes. I’ve been on the route you mentioned and it is lovely. Don’t have a solid plan right now. Likely heading west through RMNP then heading generally SW to go through Ouray and Silverton before picking up US 191 down to I-10 and back to Tucson.

Thanks for the good wishes. Ride safe!

1 Like

Cuffari has gotten wrapped up in quite a few scandals since he was appointed to the role by former President Donald Trump in 2019. Most recently, he’s been embroiled in an ongoing scandal related to the attack on the Capitol complex on January 6th.

So of course ,he should continue in this role to achieve maximum damage from his discretionary role.For the life of me, I cannot understand the absence of reasonable, responsible action in these matters where the gist of the problem is remediable…the lack of action that is so obviously needed is demoralizing.

2 Likes

Yikes! The Russian Army is going to start looking like the crowd at a Trump rally.

5 Likes

Absolutely. As an AOLer, I had a sometimes uncomfortable seat watching the back-and-forth between AOL and Mozilla as they tried to decide who was responsible for what, whether AOL got access to early code drops, and what would be part of the Netscape 7 suite.

1 Like

If you click on the link, it brings you to the translated article.

59 men, entire male population of a village in Kemerovo region, drafted

A total of 59 men were drafted in the village of Tymenevo, Russia’s Kemerovo region, which is the entire male population of the settlement, a source for Novaya Gazeta. Europe reports.

Vladimir Putin announced “partial” mobilisation on 21 September; Defence Minister Shoigu later revealed that 300,000 people would be drafted. Our source then revealed that in fact a total of one million people would be drafted. Putin’s spokesman Peskov denied this.

1 million people.

1 Like

Reading between the lines, pootie’s expecting a lot of domestic dissent and needs an army to suppress it. The logistics don’t exist to support so much as 100k in Ukraine. Use units from distant regions and other languages, and they’ll bulletize the locals just fine. Straight out of Stalin’s playbook. Also the late British empire’s.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available