‘America’s Mayor’ Giuliani Marks 9/11 With Confusing Pro-Police, Anti-Protester Video

Before he was President Trump’s lawyer and unhinged cable news surrogate, Rudy Giuliani was the mayor of New York City, most notably during the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center Twin Towers.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1247666
1 Like

America’s Mayor? Who bought into that shit for one second?

17 Likes

Not only is Giuliani’s video inappropriate and offensive, but it is clearly the work of a disordered mind. Two peas in a pod - Trump and Giuliani are both losing their tentative hold on reality.

17 Likes

For all of its differences, Americans came together and were united on September 11, 2001. For Giuliani to now sow division and acrimony on this anniversary is stunningly stupid and unpatriotic.

32 Likes

A lot has changed in 18 years. Giuliani has descended into the depths of irrelevance and tries every single day to climb out of that pit he’s dug for himself.

Does anyone have any thought of credibility for anything Rudy does anymore?

10 Likes

“The video is apparently an advertisement from the patriotic Grunt Style clothing company…”

It seems like 9/11 becomes more and more commercialized every year.

Walmart hasn’t even taken down its NRA tree, and Melania’s already putting up her Taliban decorations.

36 Likes

So now he needs a new slogan.
Noun verb Antifa.

17 Likes

It’s the Amerikan way.

5 Likes

Rudy went from Time’s person of the year in 2001 to A***hole of the year in 2019.

12 Likes

Somewhere on earth is a small, desolate island where this motherfucker can be dropped off with a week’s supply of potted meat and a bottle of brackish water and left to fend for his America-hating self. It cannot happen too soon.

5 Likes

This video is extremely disturbing.

Beyond that, the video’s story is difficult to follow, but is:

• Cop sees protesters waving flags
  • Cop see protesters burning a flag
  • Cop remembers revering the flag at various points in his life, including watching the flag raising at the NYC 9/11 site
  • Cop takes offense, decides he’s going to mete out some street justice
19 Likes

Rudy wants to make a comeback as mayor of Hong Kong and this is his audition tape. Forgot to @ Xi Jinping, tho.

6 Likes

Respectfully, you’re asking the wrong crowd.

7 Likes

Please stop using that America’s Mayor Bullshit

10 Likes

Rudy certainly maintains a lot of class … all of it low.

5 Likes

I love that these Republicans are against Antifa. I mean, they know it stands for Anti-Fascists, right? I guess that means they are all pro-fascists, which we already knew anyway.

Oh, and I live in Portland.

22 Likes

Rudolph Giuliani does the United States of America a service by dragging what is left of his reputation through the slime and dishonoring his memory.

8 Likes

One has to wonder how Rudy was overlooked in favor of Joaquin Phoenix when casting Joker.

4 Likes

the patriotic Grunt Style clothing company,

I had to check if their patriotic clothing line was made in America unlike Tomi Lahen’s patriotic yoga pants that are made in china. Their website said:

" Some shirts are 100% made in America , and all use 100% American-grown cotton".

4 Likes

OT, but Jerry Falwell Jr. says he hired “the meanest lawyer in New York,” was he trolling Rudy?

2 Likes