Founder & Editor-in-Chief:
Executive Editor:
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1342078
Founder & Editor-in-Chief:
Executive Editor:
Trump got two votes and Gary Johnson got one in 2016. SIGNS OF A TREND???
Well, votes for the Dems went up from 4 for HRC to 5 for Biden… And the Trumpers completely disappeared.
Sign of a trend?? One may hope. 
Today is going to be the longest year of my life.
Seriously. And over here I won’t be able to get even the first results until at least 6 a.m. (exit polls mean nothing this year…). I’m not going to be able to sleep!
It depends on whether or not the groundhog can still cast a shadow while juggling apples.
I’m ready. I did a $400 liquor run just a few days ago. I’m a real prepper.
Good Luck, everyone!
$400 ain’t considered a prepper during Covid. That’s considered an average Friday night at home.
Does remind me, though, that I need to double-check with my friends on stock levels for the watch-party this evening…
Bellwether!

We have those 5 votes. This should really be called. If it flips after this, it’s election theft. Isn’t that Kavanaugh’s argument?
It’s over.
This is insanity.
In Upshur County in my district not a single vote has been cast in the two hours the polls have been open because NONE of their voting machines are working.
— Hank Gilbert (@Hank4Texas) November 3, 2020
Well, we finally are here, with the chance to undo the mistake of 2016 that now threatens the existence of our nation. It’s hard to understate how critically important this election is, or how likely America fails as a nation of Trump wins. And, that’s because the most likely path for a Trump win at this point involves a lot of cheating by making sure Americans don’t vote, by not counting their votes, and by bullying the system to award him the win by declaring he has won.
And yet, today I’m feeling hopeful…all indications are that the nation is about to reject Trump and the Republicans, spurning their hate in exchange for a decent man who isn’t perfect but who will do everything he can to save the nation and its people. The choice is clear, and I think the majority of Americans will grab that choice with both hands and give our nation a chance to repair the damage and heal.
In about 12 hours we should have our first indications of how the election is going to turn out…it’s going to be a very long 12 hours…
Since we’re not counting all the votes, seems like a good time to stop right now.
Gee, if only we had universal paper ballots for all federal elections… Machines could be up, down or sideways, pens work pretty well regardless.
This is why I voted on day 1 of early voting. I wanted to make sure that nothing stopped me from placing my vote for Biden.
We’re not holding our breath. Breathing pretty good today. Fresh air.
Started my day differently. Got off the interweb, cranked up the bluetooth speaker and listened to some tunes while getting ready for work. Oddly enough, I spun up some Vietnam era tunes.