Amazon, SpaceX And Others Are Arguing That The NLRB Is Actually Unconstitutional - TPM – Talking Points Memo

The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal their bread.
Anatole France

15 Likes

Actually, getting the Feds off his ass may be the only way to get the State of California off his ass–Supremacy Clause and all that.

Thus the dumpster-fire response to the COVID pandemic.

4 Likes

Speaking of terminal confusion… we have a trump spokesman whining about democrats “calling for violence” when trump himself posts a video of Biden tied up in the back of a pick up truck

CNN —
Former President Donald Trump on Friday posted a video that featured an image of President Joe Biden tied up in the back of a pickup truck.
Trump indicated that the post was filmed on Long Island on Thursday, when he was attending the wake of NYPD Officer Jonathan Diller, who was killed during a traffic stop this week. The video shows two trucks with flags and decals expressing support for Trump; the image of Biden was on the back of the second truck.
Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung said in a statement, “That picture was on the back of a pick up truck that was traveling down the highway. Democrats and crazed lunatics have not only called for despicable violence against President Trump and his family, they are actually weaponizing the justice system against him.”

EDIT

@txlawyer… I have a question you may be able to answer … is it legal to publicly show or broadcast by social media images showing real threats of violence against the head of state? trump, by posting the video/image of Biden tied up has issued a physical threat against Joe Biden

6 Likes

It is perfectly legal to fantasize out loud, and even depict, gruesome violence against one’s political enemies. “I wish donald trump would be boiled alive in a vat of lard” is fine. “I’m going to boil donald trump in a vat of lard” might get you in trouble if it’s a true threat.

5 Likes

Here is what I could find of the video trump himself posted…

This is the leading GOP candidate depicting violence against Biden. I admit the video is likely incomplete and poorly done. And one does not see the hog tied figure until the end. Probably “legal” but sickening. Apparently it is an image on a tailgate

2 Likes

The Supreme’s of the Lochner Era decided that 4th admendment’s no loss of liberty without due process applied to liberty of contract. 4 of the Justice’s decented:

Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. also dissented from the Court’s decision, and his three-paragraph dissent has become one of the most famous in U.S. Supreme Court history. Holmes began by accusing the majority of deciding Lochner’s case by following laissez-faire economics rather than legal principles.

A decision based on Politics rater the Legal Principles. So shocking.

Examining the Roberts Court’s output through OT 2017-2018, Senator Whitehouse catalogues 73 partisan majority opinions—joined by only the five conservative members of the Court, against liberal dissenters…His analysis concludes that in nearly 55 percent of these cases, the “Roberts Five” ignored precedent, congressional findings, and even their favored doctrines, such as originalism and textualism, to reach partisan and corporate-friendly outcomes…

https://www.acslaw.org/issue_brief/briefs-landing/a-right-wing-rout-what-the-roberts-five-decisions-tell-us-about-the-integrity-of-todays-supreme-court/

7 Likes

Kind of ironic to see TPM spill so much ink on the constitutionality of Article II adjudicatory power when it simultaneously puffs up stringent conception of Article III adjudicatory power in the context of standing. See eg abortion pill coverage this week.

The issues are intertwined. This is all part of an apparent concerted effort to “Lochnerize” Article III by making it difficult to adjudicate any kinds of modern public interest claims. See Transunion.

2 Likes

It’s not pro business, it’s anti worker. Businesses can do fine with the workers protection. Being able to be racist isn’t a about being pro business or not.

8 Likes

Google “tesla europe strike”. Musk is having problems with European labor laws which are much stricter then US.

Mr Musk’s latest challenge— a strike by some 130 mechanics at ten Tesla service workshops in Sweden —looks like a trifle. But it may yet prove consequential.” The strike spread to Tesla workers and suppliers across Sweden and into Norway and Denmark and continues, involving postal workers, dock workers and cleaners. 2 days ago

9 Likes

While legal, it shows (again) that Trump is unqualified to lead. He doesn’t care because he just wants the power. His party doesn’t care because they just want the control. His followers don’t care because they just want to see Dems cry.

Remember when we thought the “Who would you most want to have a Beer with” question was a political low point? We crash through that floor with Trump.

6 Likes

I don’t drink anymore so if given the chance I might dump that beer all over donnie’s so carefully combed hair.

2 Likes

It was certainly a decent dissent.

What we have now is more like a descent. Into madness. The reactionary wing’s goal is to completely unwind the New Deal (possibly excepting the FDIC, but who knows with this bunch, so bankers beware).

5 Likes

Why is there any optimism the Supreme Court’s 6 right wingers will respect precedence? They couldn’t care less about precedence in virtually all decisions in recent years. Their only goal is to forcibly impose the Republican Party dogma. Sometimes they go about it slowly, but it’s all in one direction.

The only way to restrain the Court is passing to either increase its membership or hope corrupt “justice” Thomas and based “judge” Alito retire or otherwise can’t continue while a Democrat is president and the Senate as a Democratic majority.

6 Likes

It’s probably even legal for the Secret Service to make some inquiries.

4 Likes

Takes your breath away, doesn’t it.

And not in a good way : - )

5 Likes

United Citizens, not Citizens United.

2 Likes

Tax the rich
Feed the poor
Until there are no rich no more

6 Likes

I’m wondering whether the companies have thought this through. Do they want the Teamsters to be able to play rough as well?

(Yeah, the company my grandfather worked for was unionized by arson.)

2 Likes

real blast from the past,alvin lee and ten years after. i want to change the world… nothing has changed. :cry:

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available