Amash: Pelosi’s ‘Making A Mistake’ Not Starting Impeachment

Rep. Justin Amash (I-MI) said on Sunday that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) is “making a mistake” by not starting impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1233560
1 Like

What’s the rush? Start them in the fall. They’ll have more impact then.

9 Likes

Yes Yes Yes

Let us take advice from someone who, until just a week ago or so, was a full fledged member of the most damaging to our Republic Congressional and Senate Majority in the history of the Republic.

Definitely, yeah.

31 Likes

This isn’t about impeachment or ethics.

Amash is going to run third-party.

21 Likes

I am only entering this datum in so as to offer some perspective.

Last week, Lawrence had a statistic about public support for Impeachment of Trump.

53% were opposed.

Now I can offer a ten inch post railing about a country, the majority of which, is STILL not in favor of Impeaching the most corrupt politician in the history of the United States.

This is the reality that we face. But there is another reality. Mueller will talk on the 17th. That number above will change.

31 Likes

There is a presumption that any member of the inappropriately named Freedom Caucus is devoid of ethics.

12 Likes

If a founding member and part-owner of the Tea Party gives me a free car, I’m sending in the EOD folks to remote detonate that shit, ain’t getting into it for any amount of money.

21 Likes

Or full of ambition

7 Likes

I understand that the datum on the polling in Russia is much higher against impeachment.

10 Likes

Did they do a breakout of how many of the 53% are in Epstein’s little black book?.. Especially after that bit of news yesterday, things might change a bit…

8 Likes

“Lies…damn lies…and statistics…”

The Dem Caucus is one-by-one becoming in favor of opening up an Impeachment Inquiry. It is around 85 right now (Lawrence, last Friday). Based on the rate of increase from the end of May till now, we are on track for about 143 or 144 Democrats in favor of an Inquiry around Labor Day

OT 50% of Nancy’s Caucus is 118

12 Likes

So says the guy who is not on record denouncing…
Birtherism
Tea Party/Freedom Caucus stupidities

Plus his record includes…
Voting for the Trump Tax Giveaway
Voting 65% for the Trump Agenda

Now he is a Profile in Courage dictating to Nancy Pelosi??

30 Likes

Just what I was thinking. Acosta has his job thanks to maintaining the silence. Of course, people don’t seem to care as much as about horrific crimes against women as they do spending for fancy trips - like Pruitt or Price, apparently.

13 Likes

When Amash talks like this the press says “gee, maybe this guy has a point”. If Pelosi were to talk impeachment the press would be “blah blah blah partisan blah blah”. So let him keep saying it.

13 Likes

I applaud the skepticism here…By the way…Amash withdrew from the GOP to WHAT???

10 Likes

To his reflection, his biggest fan.

3 Likes

Because people are not paying attention. Much like the start of Watergate hearings. Start impeachment hearings and that will change. But Pelosi’s got her reasons - I just hope they are good ones.

12 Likes

Lots of people should be asking the question:

“What if Pelosi was vehemently FOR Impeachment?”

6 Likes

When I want a republican politician’s advice on what the democratic party should do, I will notify him with my boot in his ass.

21 Likes

I’m pretty sure Barr is on the phone right now with SDNY screaming his head off…

Something big is coming, after the Feds in Florida just fought so hard with the judge there to keep everything under wraps, for SDNY to flip them off and just take their own route…

16 Likes