Aides Dissuaded Trump From Making Jan. 6 So Much Worse

Exactly so. I await activity from DoJ. It would be really nice to know if there is a Grand Jury mulling a personal indictment against this unhinged man. There is a list of all sorts of potential charges that could be included. Obstruction of Justice (10 counts via the Mueller report), Obstruction of an Official Proceeding, Defrauding the United States, Assault of a Federal Officer and that’s off the top of my head. Then there could be several state charges.

6 Likes

Cool. Cool.

I don’t care. That’s not the “trying to overthrow my Republic” part of Ms. Hutchinson’s testimony. I mean, they are trying to distract us with a conversation about the color of his fscking tie. Put him, and every damned member of his [mal]Administration in jail. Now.

LOCK. THEM. ALL. UP.

17 Likes

They probably won’t show up, because they’ll be under oath with other possible questions to answer…

10 Likes

So now we know one of the reasons why Clarance Thomas voted to eviscerate firearms laws in New York and the District. Essentially he’s more than ok his wife planning to overturn the results of the election and playing footsie with violent insurrectionists.

10 Likes

Listen, I’ve got the ingredients for S’mores, I mean, there’s no point in wasting all that fire, right? We can have a nice dessert while we wait for the ashes to cool. I think I’m with ya; all this seditious crap calls for some consequences.

2 Likes

That’s disturbing about the Secret Service saying they’d testify under oath that the grabbing didn’t happen.

4 Likes

They were there because they were true cultists. Put them under oath. I believe Cassidy.
That isn’t shit you make up.

4 Likes

Secret Service testimony under oath may narrate good guys keeping something bad from happening. But there have been less complementary narratives of SS personnel misbehaving, which ought to generate a modicum of critical listening to what they have to say.

11 Likes

I sense some perjury going on here.

6 Likes

Trump or his supporters might imagine him fighting Secret Service agents, but let’s get real. He’s a weak old man. The Secret Service says they will deny under oath that Trump assaulted them or tried to grab the steering wheel.

2 Likes

I look forward to their testimony, under oath, with plenty of cross examination and additional probing as to what they witnessed, experienced, understood, and assumed.

14 Likes

@inversion has all the answers.

1 Like

Not one word in NYPost about June 28 hearing with Hutchinson. Not one word.

ETA: After midnight, they had a headline about the car incident.

9 Likes

In case anyone is interested Rudy’s son did not win the primary for governor in NYS. They fact that he got any votes shows the state of Republican voters in the area.

14 Likes

Those who are smarter than me, have again told the room that DOJ’s job is to win cases.

They could announce vhatever, but if doing so muffs up a case, then that becomes the story.

Most know about the Comey Letter. Though he could have followed DOJ guidelines, Comey was placed in a bind, because Chairman Chaffetz made him promise (?) to report anything new.

The rest is history.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure the Russian rifle you referred to is an AK-47. But what do I know? I was only an Army trombonist.

8 Likes

Thanks, post edited.

1 Like

I hope someone sends Rudy and Andrew toys they can use to tide over their sorrows. I recall the toys in the care packages sent by well wishers brought great satisfaction to the Bundy clan during the Malheur Refuge standoff.

2 Likes

Could be, could be. But the frightful thing is, they will vote Republican, and as everyone sane and paying attention know, the Republican party is not just anti-democratic but radicalized. So all it takes to bring down a great democracy is Eisenhower Republicans staying with the brand, which is as sure as night follows day.

5 Likes

There could be Stockholm syndrome in the SS (S^4?). You have to be quite gone to be prepared to take a bullet for the Orange Sack of Shit, or, being stuck in the Beast, get covid from him and not complain. So, denying the wheel-and-clavicle-grab incident is easy-peasy for them.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available