Aides Dissuaded Trump From Making Jan. 6 So Much Worse

I’m no expert, but I think the ATF calls it the AK Assault Rifle. Strictly speaking, an AK47 would have been mfg in 1947.

2 Likes

Putin

Speaking of which, you know with the war in Ukraine how people are worried he might nuke us if we fight him?

I’d argue that, if Vlad wanted to nuke us, the Trump administration would have been the best time. While the missiles were inbound, Donald would have spent the time trying to phone his buddy.

He’s bluffing, I bet   ; - )

3 Likes

It’s almost like he would be a mandated reporter. Well, I guess anyone is a mandated reporter in the sense that if you know someone else is going to do something that results in the harm or death of another you are mandated to report them.

4 Likes

“Trounced”

8 Likes

Bill Kristol

10 Likes

At what point does the RNC say fuck it and move on? They’ve let Trump trash what was left of their party, and they are still sticking by him and paying his legal fees. Maybe the RNC and GOP are thinking that Dems aren’t going to do anything. They thought that when McCarthy tried to put his favorite operatives on the Committee, to sabotage it, Pelosi would accept them, and she rejected them instead. They thought labelling the Committee illegitimate would stop them, and it hasn’t because the Courts disagreed with that label. They thought ignoring subpoenas would work- that one is a mixed result. Pleading the Fifth and not answering questions? Other witnesses and evidence seems to be telling enough of the story to explain a lot and why that person doesn’t want to incriminate themselves. Death threats and other intimidation tactics? Just got called out. This emergency hearing shed a lot of light on what people knew was coming, and how Trump wanted to watch the violence up close. The Committee showed it knows the Right is trying to shut people up, and is piling up evidence of crimes. The big question left is how far will the Committee go? Republicans should be scared.

3 Likes

Pat’s loyalties are to the office, not the man, ever. Trump can believe what he wants, but Pat’s loyalties are to the rule of law and the people of the United States. Not reporting the coup in progress, when death and injury were foreseeable, was likely an ethical violation as counsel. BTW: Couldn’t the 1/6 committee just call his office and book a deposition?

It’s interesting, Bill Barr and Cipollone were partners at Kirkland & Ellis, the high-billing institutional wrecking crew called in to dismantle, well, everything. K&E even spawned Laura Ingraham. The Trump administration was riddled with K&E lawyers, yet this firm, if mentioned, is usually portrayed as fighting for the public interest rather than discriminatory efficiency. Needless to say, K&E lawyers who fail to bring home the bacon are out.

3 Likes

The secret service testimony of a calm and presidential being driven away will negate everything this poor woman said today. Guarantee.

1 Like

And that’s where he fails and fails miserably. The two positions are counter to each other and cannot be reconciled. He has not come forward, has refused to come forward. That tells me, at least, everything I need to know.

3 Likes

Fair enough, but, coincidentally, Trump tried to overthrow the republic.

6 Likes

Your cynicism is perfectly justified, I’m sure, and, I share it, but…

“I don’t care if they have weapons, they’re not her to hurt me” is going to leave a mark. That’s basically a confession to seditious conspiracy, right there.

Also, under questioning, that “Secret Service Agent” is going to have to admit he was offered a high-level political appointee’s job in the White House, so, a competent prosecutor will have no troubles, at all, impeaching his testimony.

6 Likes

If the SS is willing to argue details, instead of whether Trump wanted the mags removed and wanted to go to the Capitol is a sure sign that they are lying.

2 Likes

Which is exactly why you proceed carefully, unlike some of our fellow posters are advocating. Mess up the prosecution (as was done here in Oregon re: Malhuer WR case, for example) and people who need to be in jail won’t be.

This is not some tv cop/lawyer show, where things are tidily resolved in an hour.

4 Likes

Until those two show up, testify under oath, and answer questions from Representatives Raskin, Schiff, et. al., this is just hot air. And even then, it will likely still be hot air.

3 Likes

dOmiNoS cAn dO iT witHin 15, wHy cAnT d0j?

1 Like

:crazy_face:

1 Like

When they’re convinced that Ron DeSantis can pull the votes of MAGAts because they believe that Trump is unelectable. Establishment Republicans are already behind DeSantis, now they need the Deplorables.

DeSantis might be even more dangerous because he’s just as devious and vicious, but he’s not the moron that Trump is.

2024 is going to be ugly.

1 Like

They are high-level cops and lots of cops are Trumpftards. Engel might be one. Ms. Hutchinson looked very sincere and credible, you’d have to be seriously impaired to think she was lying.

3 Likes

True, but hot air that is already damning for Engel and, likely, Ornato; and they brought this on themselves, out of stupid loyalty to Trump.

Put it this way: until yesterday most of us knew next to nothing about Engel; but now he has played his card and revealed himself to be a shit.

2 Likes

Trump has a history of grabbing people, especially girls on the younger side.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available