ADL Report: White Supremacist Propaganda Incidents Nearly Doubled In Past Year | Talking Points Memo

White supremacist propaganda efforts nearly doubled last year, according to a new report from the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism — marking the highest number of incidents the organization has ever recorded.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1365346
1 Like

Thanks, T****.

And the rest of your GQP cronies…

15 Likes

Yes, but RonJon etal ‘feel’ safer…

13 Likes

On-campus incidents appear to have been stable (or was that an increase that Covid restrictions nipped in the bud?)

3 Likes

But it probably had nothing to do with the massacre of Asian women in Atlanta, neither had gun availability.

7 Likes

It’s a damn shame these troglodytes never have shooting sprees amongst themselves.

9 Likes

Ah the Mercers have been hard at work.

9 Likes

With some responsibility being with the “Former Occupant.”

2 Likes

The ADL noted that white supremacist propaganda, which the group said overwhelming features “veiled white supremacist language with a patriotic slant

Time for some forceful and sustained messaging from those with a platform: “White supremacy is un-American. These twisted philosophies are not welcome here, and they always result in violence and death.

9 Likes

It seems the guy may have been motivated by misogyny, as opposed to hate directed at Asians in particular.

8 Likes

My question is are Tucker Carlson’s rants as documented by John Oliver and others also included the incidents being reported?

If not, they should be along with many of Trump’s speeches, Ron Johnson’s recent remarks about how those storming the capital with Confederate flags are no danger because they love America but mostly peaceful BLM protestors supporting equality for all are a danger, and a whole bunch of other racist and hateful commentary on FOX and other white supremacist propaganda sites.

12 Likes

I’ve got to ask the question: Is white supremacist propaganda really on the rise? or are we just becoming more honest and accurate about the labeling?

7 Likes

It’s certainly more blatant. “Quiet part out loud.”

9 Likes

White supremacist propaganda efforts nearly doubled last year, according to a new report from the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism

Depressing, but I’m glad they are keeping track.

If only they’d do the same in Israel, where some Jews are better (because “whiter”) than other Jews – not to mention Palestinians, Arabs, and other (less “white”) types.

3 Likes

That is the question I just asked, are FOX and other right wing commentators and speeches and comments by politicians like Donald Trump and Ron Johnson counted as incidents of White supremacist propaganda because that is exactly what they are.

5 Likes

Obama showed us who we’d like to be.

Trump showed us who we really are.

13 Likes

With klieg lights.

6 Likes

“When they go high, we go batshit.”

4 Likes

More on the Atlanta mass murderer. Southpaw thinks all is not as it appears and that the Atlanta police are attempting to shift the discussion. I have no idea. We need to wait for a fuller analysis.

4 Likes

gomer