Acting DNI Reveals New Info On How White House Stifled Release Of Ukraine Complaint | Talking Points Memo

Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire revealed new details on how an explosive whistleblower complaint alleging serious presidential misconduct was initially handled. Maguire admitted that the White House was the first outside party he went to to seek advice on the next steps.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1251675

Maguire is being eaten blood raw!

3 Likes

Maguire admitted that the White House was the first outside party he went to to seek advice on the next steps.
What are they going to say ? Prosecute us ! Please
Gives a new definition to the Fox watching the hen house

11 Likes

Somewhere Dick Nixon is having a good laugh.

3 Likes

Trump pooped the bed and so the maids hid the sheets and furniture from everybody. Normal, everyday housekeeping.

4 Likes

Impeach them all!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

I wonder who had to tell Trump that they would actually have to release this info? And who convinced him that he could weather it? Watching Trump and Giuliani melt down in public is never going to get old for me.

3 Likes

Oh that makes perfect sense. Go to the criminal to tell them someone’s complained about their crimes and ask whether or not to keep it secret.

14 Likes

destroy this fool

2 Likes

And the WH said, “Take it to DOJ. Barr will know what to do.”

But, hey, let’s keep the focus on Trump. I’m not able to watch, and it sounds like Maguire really mishandled this (which we kind of already knew), but let’s not make the process the issue - it’s the corruption, the cover-up, and abuse of office shown in the complaint and the notes of the phone call.

And, by the way, the fact that the complaint so accurately tracks with the phone call details makes the complaint all the more credible in its description of all the other matters.

Eye on the prize.

4 Likes

Maguire should have never been in the DNI role. His inability to see the right thing to do is what happens when you hire people who don’t know what they are doing.

Which, of course, is exactly why he was hired for that role.

10 Likes

This.

Unlike the carefree days of “What did the President know and when did he know it?”, this time around it’s “What did the President do and when did he do it?”

We’re into an entirely new level of government ineptitude. This time, instead of a sea of corruption bubbling just below the surface, the corruption is obvious and at the very top.

In such circumstances, people speak of “corruption at the very highest levels of government”. A banana republic brought to you by the banana Republicans.

3 Likes

Let me help you cut through those thorny “executive privilege procedures” that you had such a hard time understanding and needed to talk to the WH. Pretty simple, really, once you understand that crimes are not privileged!

10 Likes

Wow what a fun time watching the DNI dance around not saying who told him to withhold the complaint. He could just tell the truth and actually fulfill the oaths he holds so sacred, but he just won’t do it. Another former human rotted out to the core by orange fungus.

5 Likes

All of this information came out so quickly, Is it possible Maguire just put his foot down and the white house caved on giving the information out? The house dems could not get hope hicks to say where she sat at the white house, and now they just released these reports and documents with zero fight, what could have changed.

2 Likes

I’m not convinced this is being orchestrated by the protect Trump wing of the Republican Party, anymore. I get the feeling that the Barr-based original version of the call was designed to protect others at the expense of Hair Furor. This may be the modern version of Operation Valkyrie.

1 Like

I wonder if they’ll ask him if he is aware of anything else of concern regarding Trump’s dealing with Ukraine, or other documents being handled in a similar manner, etc.? General questions to see if there’s something slse to hone in on.

2 Likes

and Schiff for President!

4 Likes

Trump has stated that he likes having “acting” position heads because it gives him more flexibility. We are now witnessing “bad actors” confused about their statutory mandates.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available