Abortion Ballot Measure Group Sues DeSantis Health Official For ‘Unconstitutional Censorship Of Political Speech’

WINK TV in southwestern Florida removed the ad after receiving a letter from the state Department of Health. I think we can say that they are cowards.

6 Likes

I use the phrase “fig leaf” – it allows the anti-choice crowd to cover up their barbarity. Or they hope it does.

And perhaps some of them actually believe it and somehow haven’t thought through all the problems you correctly raise.

1 Like

The Republicans have to work with the Culture Warriors they have, not the Culture Warriors want. :thinking: Though I’m trying to think of someone on their Right side that will suffice.

2 Likes

Who’s got $5 on a 6-3 Supreme Court decision denying FPF standing on the basis that opposing the government is un-American, and un-Americans aren’t protected by the Constitution?

3 Likes

Joseph Ladapo, head of the Florida Dept. of Health and one of the people being sued, is the guy who, earlier this year, wanted to ban mRNA COVID vaccines because, according to him, they might contaminate patients’ DNA.

10 Likes

Ol’ Puddin-Fingers steps on yet another dipshit fascist rake, further wasting taxpayer dollars (and, indeed, goosing pro-rights antifascist turnout).

5 Likes

But yeah lets vote Republican to protect our freedoms,

3 Likes

Because he was afraid of angering the pro-monster voting contingent.

6 Likes

A rare show of honesty?

6 Likes

That contingent do have a tendency to say they think they can resolve issues they have with politicians via “Second Amendment remedies.” Cruz and the rest of his ilk chose to ride the tiger and now they’re too chickenshit to get off; even if the tiger is probably more paper than flesh and bone.

1 Like

Which reminds me how I’m always a wee bit confused by the instant usage of referendum. In California, a referendum is a vote by the people on an issue placed before them by the legislature. When it’s a proposition placed on the ballot by petition, that’s called an initiative. I believe several states provide for referenda but not initiatives.

They are busily developing an imaginary First Amendment to go with their imaginary Second Amendment. They learn real slow. Something to do with their ability to ignore the reality of consequences, I think.

1 Like

Yes, but I think the words are used in an interchangeable way as the difference is in the details while in the big picture they’re the same.

1 Like

More likely one of those quirks in the contract with the devil for selling his soul…

“You will no longer look like a monster, but you cannot deny being a monster explicitly”

Similarly When Qevin sold he soul to be speaker, he did not specify how long… the devil loves that sh*t

1 Like

I think whether a proposition can be placed by petition is a fairly significant detail, though.

1 Like

It is at the beginning but after it hits a ballot ( which is the subject here ) the difference is irrelevant.

2 Likes

Maybe but I lean in the direction he’s to cowardly to go either way. “I’m a piece of shit or no I’m not”…

1 Like

Generally, the burden of proof [when there is an explicit one] is satisfied by having reported the rape to police. By me, even that burden is too much, especially given that many rapes go unreported from fear, the unlikelihood of successful prosecution, and the like. But I don’t know of any state allowing such an exception, but demanding a formal proceeding and judgment on the matter. I could be wrong, of course.

Maybe he was afraid there might be real-time fact checking.

1 Like

Just heard Mark on Nicolle Wallace’s show.

It appears that Skanky’s posterior sphincter sh*thole had several Mt. Krakatoa level eruptions and lava flows during his speech at the Detroit Economic Forum. He made sound effects with the other sound-generating sphincter to try and distract his audience and left a big mess on the floor. The biohazard crew had to be called in.

I hope that the Secret Service Team is getting regular nasal and organoleptic exams and is tested for infectious diseases like cholera, typhoid, E coli, clostridium etc that are spread via feces. His diaper care providers should wear masks and use lots of bleach and UV probes. Children and those with weakened immune systems should be kept a safe distance.

Let us not forget there was a well near a cesspit in Broad Street in London that was responsible for countless infections and caused a public health crisis. Check this video out.