Abbott’s Statewide Orders Limit Options For Local Officials Trying To Curb Spread Of COVID-19 | Talking Points Memo

Texas Governor Greg Abbott (R) held back on supporting a shelter-at-home order for a Texas county that has been dealt a staggering blow by the coronavirus and that’s scheduled to begin Wednesday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1321743

Another GOP governor intentionally killing his own residents.

6 Likes

Abbot continues to try to find some middle POLITICAL ground while the bodies stack up.

The pattern of the R’s is so predictable - and criminal.

11 Likes

I guess Abbott is all about the freedom.

Freedom to get sick.

Freedom to die.

7 Likes

You have to wonder how it’s possible to be so lacking in human empathy when confined to a wheel chair. After the tree fell on him I’m sure Abbott got a lot of support from someone. Maybe even tax dollars helped him…

so sick of this POS. I have friends in Texas.

9 Likes

Can’t gaslight facts - they stay around. Unlike too many US citizens who have died under President Trump’s and the majority of Republican Governors of the US and their pathetic and criminal leadership.

8 Likes

We’re gonna need a bigger courtroom for the TrumpPandemicTribunals.

6 Likes

The Republicans have told us for years that government doesn’t work. Now they’re going to prove it.

6 Likes

What has caused the the Republicans in charge to love watching and hearing about their people dying?
It appears that mental illness is contagious if you are a Republican.
Have they all had close contact with Trump?

3 Likes

Since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, Gov. Abbott has consistently been shown to be wrong.

7 Likes

Why are Texans even putting up with this shit? Why is anyone?

3 Likes

Abbot then supported tort reform limiting payouts in Texas civil suits. “I got mine, fuck the rest of you.”

8 Likes

Forget it Jake. It’s Texas.

2 Likes

What is wrong with these people? That’s a rhetorical question, but they just keep doing things that are really stupid and dangerous and harmful and senseless and I keep thinking: Ok. They’ve been banging their heads against the wall for a really long time. Surely this time they will realize it will feel a lot better if they stop.
I keep being wrong. Maybe I need to stop banging my head, which has been bloodied (metaphorically only) as I keep waiting for reason to prevail.

2 Likes

Abbott just loves to emulate and please his leather daddy, Donald Trump.

“There are good people on both sides of that coughed-up lung.”

That’s the kind of political middle ground that asshole Greg Abbott is trying to achieve.

3 Likes

First rule of the tribunals: no one on trial gets to use “I was only following orders!” as an excuse for their actions.

1 Like

It’s typical political cravenness, but the modern ingredient is utter disregard not just for science, but for the very existence of objective data

8 Likes

A pretty substantial settlement with the homeowner’s insurer.

4 Likes

Texans: protect yourselves.

1 Like

Yep, and tone deaf Abbott will kill off primarily (and we hope exclusively) his fellow dumb f@ck, home schooled, low I.Q. cowboys who would have voted for his party in November! See, we had hoped to turn Texas blue this year but didn’t expect a Republiscum gov to go to the mat in helping us out.

So be it, I say!

1 Like