A Wild Weekend Of Trump Telling You Exactly What He Will Do

This article claims that Habba launched herself into Chump’s good graces by tricking this gal/employee into silence about a Bedminster sexual harassment case in 2020/2021.
Now after it all shakes out, the rest of the Chump/Bedminster people are settled but Habba was excluded from the settlement so she could be sued later.

3 Likes

I almost never type his name. And I have never started a WORDLE with it before.
I always start my day with two games of two-suit Spider Solitaire. And one game of WORDLE.
How well I do guides my risk-taking for the day.
I lost both games of Solitaire, and then smoked the WORDLE. The omens are mixed.

2 Likes

Usually, when I’m ‘waiting’ somewhere, and less so at home-- I’ll play webwordle on my phone. It tracks your overall winning percentage, and number of total games played, but the app doesn’t track your streaks correctly, always showing ‘1’ for current and max streak. Had to uninstall/reinstall the app previously-- but estimate my total games between 750-800 (games are unlimited on this app). Between the two installs winning approx 97%, with maybe a third of those losses early-on when I was figuring out basic strategy.

Don’t play as much as I did a year ago-- but one of the things I excelled at I called ‘drunkwordle’-- being self-explanatory. For some reason, when I’ve had a couple (or more) shots of tequila, I have a near-perfect record-- in maybe 10% of my total games.

Inexplicably, my brain solves quicker in that state. Or maybe it just seems so. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

I, too, do not give money to Elmo for X-itter.
I go to Emptywheel’s Google response to get what X-itter posts of hers I can – five are usually posted and they update through the day.
The address I get is: (https://www.google.com/search?q=emptywheel&oq=&aqs=chrome.0.69i59i450l8.14750459j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 )

2 Likes

What an astonishing story! You must have been so thrilled with each discovery. Was this research through Ancestry? Imagine if everyone had kept diaries! I wish you many more discoveries.

That’s totally on-brand.

2 Likes

Cool! Thanks!

1 Like

She’s just a big mouth, red dirt girl straight outta Moldy Tomato, Georgia… Not insane, just mouthy and stupid.

1 Like

Mostly through Ancestry but also through Newspapers.com and Fold3 (before each of them teamed up with Ancestry, and even now it’s a good idea to search Fold 3 and Newspapers.com directly rather than to rely entirely on Ancestry’s links to it). Also through documents available online that states, churches, and individuals have compiled, and books and articles available on line. Also, Find.a.Grave. Long ago, New England city, county, and state governments, in cooperation with churches and cemeteries, gathered and transcribed the most amazing array of documents, from records of vital statistics to court records and the minutes of selectmen’s meetings, and most of these are available online. Also, amateur and professional genealogists got very active in the mid-to-late 19th century (no mystery why), and much of their work is available online – for instance, Wyman’s two volumes on the residents of Charlestown, which I actually was able to buy in book form. (And that’s how I discovered he also published an addendum on Black residents on Charlestown, which hadn’t made it online the last time I checked.) Histories of counties and sometimes towns became very popular in the second half of the 19th century and into the 20th, and in the Midwest newspapers then liked to run stories on “the pioneers of xx County,” which is how I learned that my father and I both inherited certain facial features from our great/great great grandfather (!), a “pioneer of Mower County” MN (who, according to a Whitewater County, WI history, was also a pioneer of that county. He was the ancestor, whose name my father didn’t know, of whom he had a vague awareness that he came from RI first to WI and then MN.

Situating this line of my ancestors, like other lines, in time and place (“history”) has also taken me to the library or to buying books. (And Wikipedia!) Other family lines have led me to learn about things like, I dunno, the mills of Southwest Virginia. Kind of crazy but a lot of fun. I’ve also done a lot of (probably more) genealogical work on people who have nothing to do with my family. It’s a great way to learn about political and social history. For example, learning about the family that long owned the house my daughter and her husband recently bought in the Hudson Vally (built in 1820), I followed a cousin from Long Island to Topeka or Lawrence (can’t remember now) in the mid-1850’s. Given everything I knew about this family’s roots in NY and their family business, and about their probable politics (Whigs, maybe Free Soilers, Republicans), at first I thought, what? Kansas? Until I made the connection: they were among the abolitionists and free-staters (I’m not sure which exactly they might have been) who settled in “bleeding Kansas” so they could vote the territory in as a free state.

4 Likes

Thanks for that. Would those resources include English publications?
I only just started in December, and began at Family Search-- finding that some other branch of our family on my mother’s side fleshed that branch out to the turn of the 19th century. My immediate fam orbited my father’s side-- and I’m back to the 1820s with ggggrandparents last known and now at a standstill.

1 Like

By “English” I assume you mean things published in England. You may be able to find information about people in England – I came upon some English sources available online just by googling about a “dancing master” I was researching who came from England just after the Revolution. Patient googling can turn up things you might not find through aggregating sites like Ancestry and Newspapers. Ancestry provides access to English and some other foreign records but at an additional price, and I only tried out English sources once, over a few days when, as a come-on, they were providing access for free. That was 5 or more years ago, so they probably have much more available now than I found then.

I highly recommend Ancestry. Personally, I don’t care that it started (so I’ve heard) as a Mormon effort to baptize dead people who weren’t baptized when alive. It’s not free, but it’s amazing how many sources they link to. And in contrast to when I started using Ancestry, they now suggest links for people whose names you enter – not all of them relevant, but usually many are. Ancestry also makes it easy to remain anonymous while corresponding with people who can answer some of your questions, or you can answer theirs – usually relatives you had no idea you had. I was able to share a photograph (from a tin-type) of a great great grandmother of mine, taken with her eldest daughter, my great grandmother’s sister Sarah, who was a stranger’s great grandmother (that is, he is my 3rd cousin). I also shared photographs of my great grandmother and Sarah’s three other sisters. He was thrilled as was, he said, his parents. I really don’t know anything more about him! We even did some research together on our great great great grandmother’s husband but were only able to eliminate possibilities. Anyway, I do recommend Ancestry as the core place to work from.

When others have already published at Ancestry or the other genealogical sites (I’ve also found some of the free ones helpful), that can be a godsend, but it pays to follow up on their research since they may contain errors and/or omit people who are key to your interests.

2 Likes

That’s how my hunting buddy’s daughter answered her kindergarten teacher’s question “What is Bambi?”

1 Like

WOW! This is so fascinating. My roots are in Italy where each grave has a photo on porcelain of the person who is buried there. It was powerfully moving to see the graves and images of my great grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. The feeling of being connected to a place over centuries gives me a feeling of rootedness. Do you ever wonder if our ancestors ever considered that they would be responsible for the likes of us? And what of our great-great…grandchildren?

We are going to southern France next month to see the cave paintings (#1 life list item). Not being so far from Northern Italy, I can only wonder…

By a very small number of votes in several states. It could easily have gone the other way. Assuming that he could not win is why Clinton lost.

But it didn’t and he won. All that matters. It will happen again.

1 Like

If the banks and insurance companies and members of his own family won’t back a bond for Skanky to cover the penalties for rape and fraud, can he reach out to the organized crime families in Las Vegas, Atlantic City and elsewhere in the country and overseas? Will they be willing to give him the money and sign a non-disclosure?
I know the mafia and many crime families will work with bling and all kinds of collateral. After all, the soiled diapers responsible for the stench around Skanky may be sought after by the Smithsonian, his library and white nationalist memorabilia collectors. The golden toilet in Skanky Tower weighs a ton and must be worth a lot given gold is over $2100 today.

It looks like Skanky’s filing to the NY Court of Appeals is full of provable lies.

1 Like

If we make it so

1 Like

Correct, English newspapers and the like. Hopeful. Specifically as my fam was in North London-- my gggrandfather was a publican, owned and ran a public house (pub).

This info, my sister passed on to me-- from retold stories that were eventually committed to paper. Photocopies of which were sent by sis to me some time last year. Only in December, one Sunday morning, did I read it more thoroughly than I had upon receipt.

Shifting gears for a moment… about 20yrs ago, I became a fan of an English Premier League soccer team-- Arsenal, established professionally in 1886. Whose stadium was in Islington, a township north of London. Only by chance, I saw and was enthralled by the team’s best-ever player-- late one night on ESPN in an abbreviated replay. Fell in love with the team and the manager (Arsene Wenger) who had led Arsenal to the only undefeated season (26W-12D-0L) in league history in 2004. Come 2006, Arsenal moved into a brand new home-- Emirates Stadium.

Back to the genealogical tale-- my gggf moved his fam from their ancestral home in Stoke-on-Trent (midpoint between Liverpool and Birmingham) all the way to a bit northeast of London. This is where he bought an existing public house on Cemetery Road in 1882.

Four years later in Woolwich, southwest London, the soccer team was formed as Woolwich Arsenal. Playing near Middlesex, where gggf settled the fam as residents. In 1912, the team moved to Islington in north London where they played in Highbury Park (later the location of the club’s first stadium). Woolwich was dropped and the team became known simply as ‘Arsenal’.

Arsenal’s current stadium is just 6mi west of where gggf’s pub was located. Remaining a pub until 1988, when it was converted into apartments (gggm sold it in 1902, after gggf had passed some 11yrs earlier). My gf likely grew up in and around the pub having been born in 1892.

And this is where the story sits-- after piecing all of this together one morning last December. I’m anxious to start digging further.

I know what you mean about visiting graves. Maybe 6 year ago two of my cousins (2nd cousins, actually, and technically half – we share a great grandmother who was married twice, but our mothers were close, and we are) and I took a tour of some family grave sites in NY and NJ. A few days of pretty drives and. good food. And cemeteries are such lovely, peaceful places. Have a wonderful time in southern France! A good time to be visiting, before the summer throngs of tourists.

Yes, I often wonder what our ancestors would make of us! I’m also filled with gratitude to all the people, just on the level of family, who helped get us here. There are so many!

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available