A QAnoner Posted One County’s Election Passwords. The County Clerk Allegedly Helped. | Talking Points Memo

Colorado’s secretary of state on Thursday accused a Republican county official of allowing an unauthorized person to access the county’s voting machines — leading to a leak of sensitive information into the right-wing fever swamps.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1384532
3 Likes

Subverting elections smells like high treason to me. Whether a county official or an IMPOTUS.

78 Likes

This is seriously wrong on a number of levels.

71 Likes

Sure, take some pics of the election machine passwords and post them online. That will definitely prove they were hacked. Is Trump president again yet?

89 Likes

Pro tip: Being “unapologetic” is not a GetOutOfTrouble Card

59 Likes

The only election fraud taking place in this country is being done by RepubliQons.

55 Likes

Lucifer’s going to have to build an annex to house all these @$$holes

25 Likes

Mesa County is part of Boebert’s district, so - sadly - this comes as no surise.

45 Likes

The surprises will come with the questions both will be asked :grimacing:

12 Likes

If I am reading this correctly, it seems to me that the county clerk is in a shitload of trouble - big trouble. I can’t believe anyone could be this lame about outright election tampering. Stupid doesn’t really begin to describe it.

80 Likes

She has the right to be all Blustery, Boorish, Churlish and Defiant
She does NOT have the right to automatically have Trump’s legal muscle

20 Likes

Anyone else feeling the nationwide mojo building of getting fed up with the Qs, anti-vax/mask fools, voter suppression and general Republican assholery?

It’s definitely building.

84 Likes

None of the string-pullers actually think these antics will work for overturning the election past. The point appears to be to chip away at all voter’s trust in the system. And it works. Now that I know that some corrupt and/or idiotic county official can break the chain of custody at will and expose voting machine data to anyone they choose, my own trust in the system has been further eroded.

ETA: With a bit more thought, I see another goal is to get these minor actors riled up to do the dirty work of throwing the system into chaos. Imagine dozens of actions such as hers being revealed all over the country after the 2022 midterms. There will be “audits” demanded everywhere, and the system would be overwhelmed.

55 Likes

Sounds like the office staff was complicit as well. How do you not check the video surveillance?

25 Likes

I wonder how long Peters has been Mesa County Clerk? Because what she did just cost the county time and money that they didn’t budget for.

42 Likes

Perhaps they can file a lien on all of her future earnings to pay for the new machines. Those earnings will, I hope, come from an entity other than the County Clerk’s office.

28 Likes

I guess Peters is gonna have to ask Donnie for help with her legal fees.
Not likely she’ll get any, so it’s gonna have to be GoFundMe in the Q community, for all that’s worth.
Otherwise, it looks like someone’s gonna, “Lock her up!”

17 Likes

You are only just now coming to this realization? My good man, America’s elections have been at the mercy of local elections officials since time immemorial, and it’s far from always been to the voters’ benefit. That’s why almost the entire modern elections infrastructure has been built up, at great expense, to make the whole thing verifiably countable. Qaren the Qlerq is a buffoon for even trying this stunt.

47 Likes

Wait for it…

Forever.

14 Likes
16 Likes