A Common Line Keeps Emerging From Capitol Rioters: Trump Asked Us To Be Here | Talking Points Memo

Faced with arrest and detention for their alleged crimes at the Capitol riot last week, some of the President’s supporters blurted out a bracing dose of reality, according to news reports and court documents: Donald Trump asked me to be there.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1354944
1 Like

So that makes it okay somehow

17 Likes

That dog whistle really got through…

38 Likes

So the My pillow guy had some suggestions for Trump today at the Whitehouse…

18 Likes

This could complicate Trump’s defense efforts down the line, ya think?

ETA: It’s not often that citizens get the opportunity to throw the president under the bus.

42 Likes

Haven’t they watched Fox? Then they would know they’re actually all antifa, or whoever else makes trump look less like a guilty piece of shit.

15 Likes

And none of these geniuses knew that the Capitol is not under Trump’s purview? I bet if you asked some of these folks does Trump have the power to detain or to order the arrest of someone they’d say “Hell yes!”.
Those immortal words of Dan Quayle are truer now than then:
“What a waste it is to lose one’s mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.”

14 Likes

“When the president asks you to do it, it’s not illegal”.

48 Likes

And the beauty of it is that don’t realize that they are throwing Trump under the bus.

17 Likes

Not the most unreasonable argument. How can it be insurrection if you’re explicitly following The orders of the president.

28 Likes

Can’t wait for the executive privilege defense.

16 Likes

Yet actual dogs were intelligent enough to not fall for it.

9 Likes

A president with barely a scaramucci left of his term?

18 Likes

I saw a news alert that the Inciter in Chief wants a big military send off/farewell. A court martial just might fit the bill.

30 Likes

Only one president at a time and all that.

1 Like

At what point does someone like this fruitcake cross a line into promoting insurrection or sedition?

Perhaps he’s funded some weird shit that he’s now terrified will get out?

13 Likes

Well, folks, you are going to have a chance to tell that to the judge and jury, assuming your attorney is stupid enough to let you testify. I hear Rudy is going to be looking for new clients soon and I heard that he works for free. Also, assuming your trials are in DC, about half or more of the jurors at your trial are probably going to be POC.

I have served on a number of juries and one thing I always remember is the look on the faces of defendants when they first see the jury. I would love to see Mr. Buffalo Head’s response.

11 Likes

Ummmm… Roughly the point that he carries a set of notes outlining how to commit insurrection into the oval office…

15 Likes

Motofsky is a son of a judge who has been active in the Orthodox community in Brooklyn in promoting C19 misinformation and conspiracies. This is a case of the rotten Apple not falling far from a near dead tree.

21 Likes

There’s no way he wrote that or came up with that plan. They’re most likely notes written and handed out to him for the meeting.

3 Likes