884,000 Jobless Claims Made Last Week

Founder & Editor-in-Chief:

Executive Editor:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1331296
1 Like

Is that a lot? That seems like a lot.

8 Likes

Trump will take it as a sign of success:
“Coulda been a million; see I’m the economy President.”

9 Likes

Does this mean the boat parades are cancelled?

10 Likes

Looks like the miraculous recovery is delayed.

6 Likes

Ralph, don’t you think it’s a little soon to start making fun of the Lake Travis, TX boating tragedy? I’ll bet a libtard like you would even make jokes about the dead and wounded of the Great Bowling Green Massacre or the Covfefe Mining Disaster in Nambia of 2018.

10 Likes

884,000 Jobless Claims Filed Last Week

World’s Greatest Ever Economy ™, yo.

2 Likes

To be clear @dommyluc: The Lake Travis Flotilla was the naval armada for the Bowling Green Massacre. So yes, they can be discussed all in the same breath.

4 Likes

Please stop all this winning, damn it!

I can’t take it.

STOP.THE.WINNING.

2 Likes

Not canceled. Just postponed. It’s going to take a little bit longer than anticipated to get those boats out of lay-a-way.

3 Likes

8 Likes

It’s a lot.

The number of jobs added in August is equal to 1.4 million. Meanwhile, weekly initial unemployment claims register at a wink under a million. The debits exceed the credits.

2 Likes

Lest we forget, remember the great war between Nambia and Pambia. Now we know who presses the best wildflowers.

1 Like

Isn’t that “lay-beneath”?

3 Likes

“Look, the problem isn’t that the job numbers are bad. They’re actually very good, and much better than other countries. We just do too much reporting the numbers. If other countries reported numbers like we did, you would see that we’re much better off than they are. WINNING!”

3 Likes

The combination of a sick economy and a pandemic created a doozy of an economic death spiral that far exceeded Republicans’ normal destruction of the nation’s work and business environment.

4 Likes

I plan to tour the region as soon as hostilities subside and the pandemic travel bans are lifted by the respective countries.

5 Likes

Be sure to visit the autonomous demilitarized zone between the two nations. I hear the hospitality of the Namby-Pambies is without equal.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:t5: I think you should see someone about this conversation. Soon. I know I will. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Listened to a report from Kai Ryssdal the other night. His sources said approx 6.5 million of the jobs lost since February will never be regained by those that left them. More troubling, if a credible, efficacious vaccine is not available within 6 months upwards of 1/5th of those employed today will lose their job due to the lack of a vaccine coming to market.

As bad as things are the worst is yet to come.

4 Likes