Judge Sets Trump NY Criminal Trial For April 15, Rejecting Bid For More Delay - TPM – Talking Points Memo

This is to scare the living shit out of those daring to challenge Killer Trump.

1 Like

@sniffit reminds us that wherever there is light shadow will accompany it; always good to remember even if, at times, unpleasant.

5 Likes

Hopefully the “whistlers” (people with police/referee whistles) will show up in force and drown him out. Airhorns would be a welcome addition as well.

Another annoyance I’d like to see visited on him are toy cricket clickers.

Fun story: Back in the '70s San Francisco International Airport was overrun with Hare Krishnas pestering every soul that passed through for donations. So annoyed was one frequent business traveler that he bought 10,000s of the devices and hired people to hand them out to annoyed travelers with instructions to hold them in the Krishnas faces and click away.

The sound of the ubiquitous clicking soon became so annoying that SFO authorities banned soliciting on airport property.

I note this only because the clicking is super annoying and can be heard by even the most hearing impaired old men, like the Mayor of Mal-de-Lardo.

The judgement freezes assets regardless of where in the world they are located.

16 Likes

How so? Any delay that pushes his trials further into election season yet results in a conviction before the election is a loss. A huge loss. He’s not just trying to delay these trials for the sake of delaying them. The goal is to push them beyond the election, so that he doesn’t have to run for president as a convicted felon, or worse yet, from prison.

21 Likes

To be fair, I am also wont to use the phrase “after darkness, light” a lot too…

But yeah, it’s dark right now. Very very dark.

6 Likes

Delay, delay, delay. That is the sum total of his defense strategy. He’s guilty as hell and he knows it. Nail this bastard!

5 Likes

trump
Feh!
In more important news from the bbc…

Canada’s maple syrup reserve hits 16-year low

1 hr ago
US & Canada

14 Likes
7 Likes

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 3.09.31 PM

7 Likes

Trump is out on bail after 4 arrests. And he badmouths all sorts of people with sickening regularity. Anyone else would be in jail

10 Likes

Well, that should get @castor_troy going.
If the syrup’s not in the reserve, that means it’s gotta have gone somewhere.

13 Likes

Like Eugene Debs in 1920

3 Likes

Has he ever paid/reported taxes without an extension?

3 Likes

One carload at a time by @playitagainrowlf over the border, relabelled as “Pure Vermont Maple Syrup” and sold at the premium.

Disgusting, really.

All this focus on the Southern Border, where is the National Guard at our Northern Border to prevent terrorist attacks on our most vital industries?

17 Likes

Has he ever actually paid income taxes??

9 Likes

13 Likes

Personally speaking, I occasionally find a smidgeon of anhedonia to offer respite from the stress inducing alarms of which, as you remind us, there are many.

3 Likes

We. Need. A. Wall!!!
And Canada will pay for it I tells ya!!!

12 Likes

Exactly, it would work out for Trump about as well it did for Debs.

7 Likes

Do you know where exactly Trump spoke today? I vaguely remember that the courthouse itself (interior, at any rate) was off-limits for his post-courtroom pressers. Or was that just the federal courthouse? I’m thinking he set it up somewhere himself, since he was backed by a wall of American flags. I ask because I’m hoping you are right, that a crowd of whistlers or clicker-users will show up every time he holds one of these events. (I remember those Hari Krishna pesterers. They were everywhere, not just SFIA, but esp. airports. Really annoying.)

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available