Judge Sets Trump NY Criminal Trial For April 15, Rejecting Bid For More Delay - TPM – Talking Points Memo

As to the Trump bond being reduced, that is something the appellate judge can do. My guess is the appellate court took note of the fact that most of Trump’s wealth is in the form of real estate. It isn’t going anywhere. The judgment freezes everything in New York in place. Their should be enough assets to pay any fine.

12 Likes

Won’t happen on the 15th. I’d put good money on it.

And are they setting up ineffective counsel arguments here? Wouldn’t surprise me.

7 Likes

I hope you are right, but given Trump’s ability to slink out of trouble I think you might be wrong.

2 Likes

I might have read that this trial will relatively short, perhaps a few weeks. Trump will be able to get daily courthouse steps rants against the case, duly carried in full on Fox News.

Most optimistic result is a conviction by mid-May and a sentencing date in September or earlier. I have no basis to know if a prison term would be given. The judge is no Aileen Cannon.

7 Likes

TFG is Schroedinger’s criminal.

17 Likes

The thing that really terrifies trump is it being made public how little equity (read: wealth) he has in these properties. This is one of the reasons he fought so hard against releasing his tax returns: He’s a shitty businessman who would have done much better investing his inherited wealth ($500 million) in index funds.

But then again, he wouldn’t have been made a reality TV star and parlay that ‘success’ into becoming POTUS.

19 Likes

extremely unfair

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’d be fine with TFG paying the fine, being labeled as a convict and him having to do community service in the form of picking up garbage at the side of the road - definitely a fitting punishment for something of his stature.

Maybe he can do it with a Trump 2024 patch on the back of his safety vest…

9 Likes

There is always some way he wiggles out.

The only people who can save the country from this asshole are ourselves–I am persuaded that no court will do it. I would be elated to be wrong, but evidence thus far is not indicative of that occurring.

14 Likes

Don’t know why,
There’s no sun up in the sky…
Stormy weather,
Indictments showing up all the time…

18 Likes

So, Trump got his judgement down to $175M, in the appeal. I wonder if the prosecutor can go to the Court of Appeals to reinstate the original fine.

3 Likes

That would be the 13th of April

5 Likes

Just the bond price was reduced; judgement still stands for the Big Number.

31 Likes

prosecutors had been extremely unfair to him. They did so, Trump argued, by failing to secure evidence from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, and by interfering and trying to block supposedly exonerating evidence from making it to Trump’s legal team

Deep State doing Deep State things

4 Likes

The talk of the town is Trump’s getting favorable treatment by Judges. I think the town is right. So do the pros.

8 Likes

The Roman calendar was a nightmare from out perspective, though somehow they managed, and it wasn’t much worse than any other around the Mediterranean. The Julian calendar was a great improvement but far from perfect. Calculating the kalends, nones, and ideas was the easy part (once you were sure what month it was). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_calendar

6 Likes

I think you are right. It doesn’t take much imagination to see how this ass kissing Judges have been up to might favor Trump into an election win. If so judicial shenanigans will be a Trump enabler and all that follows a Trump administration will be on the shoulders of the Judges that put him in position to do what he is GOING to do.

April 15 will be a taxing day for the bucket-o-lard.

12 Likes

Oh come on sniffit can’t you give us at least a day to enjoy that Justice Merchan actully set the date and publicly humiliated Trump’s attorney, Todd Blanche?

16 Likes

How does he delay this one?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available