Flurry Of Unusual New Developments In Trump Hush Money Trial - TPM – Talking Points Memo

NEW YORK — Prosecutors with the Manhattan DA’s Office accused Donald Trump of violating his gag order seven more times on Thursday morning amid a series of new developments in the trial which could result in as many as two already-seated jurors being dismissed.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1486239
2 Likes

It is my opinion that the longer this trial drags on, the worse it will be for Orange Julius Caesar. He is going crazy (crazier?) by being forced to sit in court and watch the proceedings. I have a funny feeling there is going to be a hefty fine levied at him for violating the gag order. I’m oiling up the world’s smallest violin to play for him.

77 Likes

Of course there is a flurry of unusual new developments in this trial. That has been the plan for months!
But please - by all means, let’s make sure that there is nothing (including vetting of jurors) that can overturn this case on appeal by a defendant with deep pockets.

43 Likes

The juror who asked to be let go is concerning. I doubt if there is any juror who isn’t going to have to endure the same sort of nonsense from friends, family and the press.

76 Likes

Poor Donald Trump cannot get a fair trial because somebody keeps intimidating his jury pool…

52 Likes

Maybe arrest him, which is what he wants, but lose the paperwork for a few days.

15 Likes

Do not lie to the court, people.

88 Likes

ETTD…ad infinitum…

11 Likes

Yeah, that’s TMFWWNBN’s prerogative.

4 Likes

Seems to me like that would be a rock bottom, inviolate principle, but in these dizzy times we find ourselves living through, I guess not.

22 Likes

Maybe the headline stretches the meaning of “unusual” just a little.

7 Likes

I was thinking the exact thought. I don’t think people realized how devastating it would be for him - and his cult - to see him sitting there, having to be quiet, not having one family member who cares about him enough to be there, powerless, and old - before the trial even begins. It’s pretty great!

79 Likes

Unusual? Seems about right for a Trump trial circus. And as Karen Carpenter sang, We’ve only just begun.

30 Likes

Now that I think about it Trump’s presidency also had a flurry of unusual happenings, up until the very end.

28 Likes

No, it was because the info given about her outed her to people she knew and was afraid to go out in public.

63 Likes

OT but too good not to share: The Trump campaign announced in a letter Politico obtained that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”

62 Likes

It’s standard practice that the mob boss gets a cut of all his underlings’ earnings. If you keep earnings hidden from the boss and he finds out then you get whacked.

50 Likes

From the NYT liveblog:

Overall, 48 prospective jurors left because they said they could not be fair and impartial, and nine more were excused for other reasons without explanation. Thirty-nine are left in this group.

19 Likes

Emotionally Trump is a deeply disturbed nine-year old. It’s hard to see him not defiantly continuing to escalate with Judge Merchan. I’ll be disappointed if he doesn’t spend some time in jail for contempt.
But (sigh) I’ve been disappointed before.

44 Likes

Here’s where I’m checking out live updates from time to time.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available