Discussion:

Discussion for article #239725

Somehow, I think there’s more to the story than we’ve been told – from all sides.

10 Likes

There are always some sourpuss types around who complain about everything. The complainers are the ones who should have been put off the train.

5 Likes

One should be very careful with their " excessive happiness " –

(Patch Adams)

1 Like

Don’t dem wimmin kno’ de supposed to be drinkin’ they Ripple out of a bottle in a paper bag?
Where dey git de money fo a train?

3 Likes

Agreed. My guess would be that they weren’t the first group of people ever to be kicked off a wine train for being too loud.

3 Likes

Not necessarily.
Napa Wine Train = snooty-ass snobs.
Seriously, Napa is an extremely privileged and elitist place.

Their story is entirely believable.
I used to be an antiques dealer in the area.
Mega-snobs.

8 Likes

“If you get a group of 11 women talking and laughing, it’s going to be loud…”

True dat.

4 Likes

All aboard the KKK Express!

Choo choo!

2 Likes

So, a business venture whose purpose is to take people to a number of wineries to drink wine, and that serves alcohol on the train in between gets upset because some women get a bit rowdy? That’s like taking your kid to Chuck E. Cheese and complaining that it’s noisy.

17 Likes

What’s next? Talking Back to the Screen While Black.

3 Likes

The main objection may be that they were a book group.

@CandiRue : now that one I’m inclined to complain about

Sounds like an alcohol related incident.

5 Likes

I don’t know if it’s a black or white thing, but we’ve all been in some group – a tour, restaurant, movie – where some segment is behaving really obnoxiously and boisterous.

i may not like it, but I never complain. I leave first.

7 Likes

Look at those faces and a book club to boot, you just know they’re up to something.

Jeb!'s left hand is furious about this.

3 Likes

Napa Valley is Daytona Beach for affluent white middle-agers. I can’t claim to know exactly what happened on that train, but, given the number of loud, drunk, scary WASPs I’ve seen barreling around Napa without triggering a police presence, all signs point to these women being the “wrong” kind of visitors.

5 Likes

I’m just guessing here but it sounds like the group was disturbing other people who were also trying to enjoy themselves but couldn’t because of the noise. Warned twice and the group should have gotten the message. No excuse. I know how irritating loud people are, especially in a confined space you can’t escape from. In many countries you can’t even talk on your phone on a train because it disturbs others. Sounds like this group couldn’t take the hint so they decided to get a little publicity by raising the overused race card.

6 Likes

oh cut the race crap, the white privilege crap - it’s way over used. We are all getting tired of it.

4 Likes

what if you can’t leave?

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available