Discussion: WSJ Says Institutionalized Racism 'No Longer Exists' In Charleston Shooting Editorial

Discussion for article #237661

Is that you John Roberts?

43 Likes

Institutionalized Racism still exists. It’s part of why I hate the term “privilege” when discussing racism or any kind of structure intended to keep one group down above another.

5 Likes

I guess this bullshit is what passes for intellectual thought from a national newspaper.

“The Wall Street Journal editorial added that Roof “brings to mind the mentally troubled young men who committed horrific mass murders” in places like Newtown, Connecticut and Aurora, Colorado.”

Well, the Newtown and Aurora mass murderers are most likely insane and killed indiscriminately. The Charleston killer has made it very clear he killed the church members BECAUSE THEY WERE BLACK.

51 Likes

Must be nice in the WSJ white bread world.

13 Likes

It is beyond comprehension that they would even go there. That is precisely why we can’t have a rational conversation about racism and without that we will never even get close to helping to solve the problem.

32 Likes

Wishful thinking and willful ignorance. It’s all they got.

15 Likes

Adam Lanza and James Egan Holmes were both diagnosed and shown to have mental health issues…the rest of the mass shooters in the last several years have not.

Most mass shooters are not mentally ill…the vast majority of them in fact aren’t.

4 Likes

The Wall Street Journal editorial board:

“All the news that’s fit to print, we pull out of our ass with a suction dredge”

17 Likes

“WSJ: Institutional Racism No Longer Exists.”

Well, golly, WSJ is an institution, so that can’t possibly be true.

15 Likes

Maybe Roberts declared another day of jubilee.

1 / For the longest time (and even before the Murdochian acquisition) the WSJ editorial page has simply been FOX News in pinstripes. Don’t expect anything of merit from it and your head won’t explode.

2 / And don’t give it money, either. It is quite easy to read the WSJ news articles online and not pay a penny for the privilege. On locked articles, copy the headline and then paste it into your browser. Then go to the link your browser gives you, which is the full story.

33 Likes

What planet do Robert Murdock and the WSJ live on to believe that institutional racism no long exists. Very glad I cancelled my subscription to the WSJ years ago when Murdock bought it. It’s only fit to wrap dead fish in.

Don’t Blame ‘Institutionalized Racism*’ — It ‘No Longer Exists’

*Only for some definitions of “institutionalized racism.” Not valid in Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, and other states where systemic racism abounds. Void where prohibited. Some racism may lead to mayhem and death for some races. See your Supreme Court if racial hatred persists.

28 Likes

It’s all the right has ever had.

2 Likes

Cracker 1%ers, please!

2 Likes

And who said “institutional racism” was behind Roof? No one so its a safe debate for the WSJ. What’s been said is Roof was a white supremacist and wanted to start a race war. In fact Roof admitted that in his confession yesterday. No one alleged “institutional racism” ( which still exists ) was at fault.

7 Likes

Roberts certainly did give the haters and racists institutional cover, didn’t he? Now they use the “argument from authority” ad nauseum and point to Roberts as the “expert” they cite on the “disappearance of racism” in America. I’m not convinced that Roberts is a racist himself, but I’ve always thought that he’s a corporatist lawyer who’s just not that bright. Justice Ginsburg saw right through Roberts’ facile arguments.

17 Likes

“It is no small solace that in committing such an act today, he stands alone.”

Really? Then how exactly did he make a series of bomb threats while on the run/in custody?

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/charleston-church-evacuated-for-bomb-threat-during/nmgGN/

This is one of those annoying little facts that the right is going to sweep right under the rug, because it blows a great big hole into their fall back position, namely that this is just one crazy guy all by himself, not representative of anyone else(I say fall back position, because the primary position that this was an attack on Christians fall apart within hours).

14 Likes

I’d bet good money that there is not one person of color on the WSJ editorial board, or one person of color in a position of high authority at the WSJ.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available