Discussion: WSJ: Cohen Used Same Company To Pay Stormy Daniels, Pregnant Playboy Model

1 Like

Ahhhh Cohen
The Rosetta Stone of Trump payoffs and illegal activities
Good luck trying to stop the review of the seized documents
World class chump
Trump is changing the destination of that bus to Cohen
You are going to find yourself under it

16 Likes

Mikey Cohen is certainly not the brightest alumnus of the Trump University Skool of Lawz…

19 Likes

I guess this confirms abstinence education has its shortcomings.

16 Likes

Isn’t Essential Consultants LLC the company David Dennison owns? Asking for a friend…

7 Likes

So IANAL, but depending on how these payments were reported (to the IRS, at least) and where they came from, is that additional criminal liability?

7 Likes

Lemme ask you smart folks on here’s opinion…had this discussion last night with a friend who works with the NJ DNC, he thinks, and he sort of swayed me, that if Dems take the house and senate, they won’t push for impeachment. He believes Trump is the gift that keeps on giving, and now with this Cohen fiasco which isn’t going anywhere, the dems could ride this to the white house in 2020. Do you agree with this?

5 Likes

Well, it’s either the NJ DNC, or the phone company. He’ll have to check to be sure I guess.

2 Likes

Oh, left out some other tidbits–if they do move to impeach, immedietely, and Pence takes over, as reviling as he is, the circus leaves town, and a fearful quietness takes hold, where the GOP can do it’s most damage. Furthermore, he asserts that if it’s Pence, the debate becomes about boring policy. Whereas with Trump, it will be about what a pig scumbag he is. Made sense.

3 Likes

Hey Trump,
Better call Saul!

6 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, the former employees of NJ Bell became the NJ DNC. :wink:

2 Likes

Well, my feeling is that the Dems should wait until the Republicans are begging to impeach Trump.

14 Likes

hmm, interesting take. Where do you feel that threshold is? What line will Trump have to cross to get the Congressional GOP to move that way?

2 Likes

I don’t know. The way I see it, the Democrats should hold hearings on Trump and his Cabinet, as normal oversight. Once the true extent of corruption becomes evident, I expect some Republicans will broach impeachment.
But then I’m always wrong about politics.

8 Likes

I don’t think your friend realizes how dangerous it is for the nation and world to have a mentally ill person as President.

24 Likes

Passing money through a shell LLC to hide its source and recipient, and the company’s business seems limited to doing just that. America - what a country.

6 Likes

It would be a hoot if the GOP lost the ability to impeach after the midterms. The Dems could check and balance Commander CapsLock like hell and the investigations could go on unimpeded. Tra la la.

7 Likes

Have to admit though, Cohen has a lot of experience with that.

2 Likes

That is what its pretty much entirely based upon. It looks like the LLC was nothing more than a front that Cohen used to pay hush money through, and that raises lots of questions regarding money laundering; and at least in Trump’s case, serious campaign finance violations.

It also pretty much destroys the Daniels NDA and probably the Broidy NDA deal as well. (and any others he ran through this particular front).

This could get particularly problematic for Cohen too, as the NDAs can more easily been seen as part of furtherance of a criminal enterprise (because of the money laundering from groups such as Trump Org and Trump campaign). That means crime-fraud veil piercing going on a much bigger scale and dragging down more people than just Trump.

Cohen is in a REALLY bad place right now, and it only seems to be getting worse for him. His motion in court is nonsensical, and the Trump move along the same lines, is about the same, and raises even more questions for Trump.

19 Likes

This is why I still hold out hope that he’s wrong. I agree with you. He needs to go ASAP. But, from a political perspective, and let’s face it, Pelosi/Schumer will use this to their political advantage, this may be the game plan. Let’s hope our country’s welfare will be priority.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available