Discussion: Why The Crazy-Long CNN Debate Solved None Of The GOP's Problems

I think as long as the debates continue to include 10+ people, the winnowing process is not going to occur, and Trump’s 15%-20% rock-solid support is going to make it hard for most to even have 5% going in to Iowa. I know there’s a saying that says there are only two tickets out of Iowa (or is it three?), so the most any of the non-Trumps can hope for is to finish in the top 3.

2 Likes

The article starts out: “Like a really brutal boxing match between equals…” and loses me immediately.

This wasn’t a brutal boxing match, it was a bitch slapping session between Junior High Mean Girls. Seriously, these are a bunch of clowns, there is no need to give them more gravitas then they deserve.

14 Likes

Why The Crazy-Long CNN Debate Solved None Of The GOP’s Problems

They have no viable answers, next question.

7 Likes

Thing is when it all came down to policy it was the same ol unsustainable neo hawk, supply side, dereg and slay DC platform whose results are always worse then in the beginning. Nothing new @ all.

5 Likes

I have to ask how well The Rump’s insult comic routine is going to fly with the co-equal legislature and judiciary. He can’t make Congress do anything!

Businesses, governed as centrally planned dictatorships not unlike the former Soviet Union, have nothing remotely comparable to the American government. And The Rump is frankly not all that good at business, either.

3 Likes

Clearly, the Republicans’ strategic goal was to capture media coverage for months on end with debate after debate ‘highlighting’ their ‘big tent’ of candidates.
The only thing the Republicans have accomplished is to expose the entire party for the fraud it is.
Thanks for that, though. It was long over due.

4 Likes

Synopsis: 11 morons argued for 3 hours, talked a lot, said nothing.

6 Likes

Indeed. Diapers on their faces to collect all the happy horseshit coming out of their mouths.

3 Likes

Trump and Fiorina did well (mostly). Carson looked pathetic, as did Jeb (those glasses - Yikes!).

1 Like

Anyone who lives in California can tell you how ripe a target Fiorina’s business background is. She seemed like a formidable candidate for only as long as Boxer chose to wait until running ads. Then she very quickly tanked.

7 Likes

Exactly, there was a clear establishment frontrunner who remained consistently in the top two, rarely falling to three, in every poll released. While it seemed the entire field got at least a week or two turn at the top spot in the polls, Romney always returned to the top. The big questions of the campaign always came down to who could oust Romney and who could become the chief not-Romney. The question was never, ever about who would fill the frontrunner, establishment role, but that’s been the question throughout this campaign.

2 Likes

Debate moderators go easy on Trump, as does the rest of the media. I’ve seen multiple reports Trump has committed to deporting all 11,000,000 (estimate) illegal/undocumented aliens out of the United States in a two year period upon taking office. That is 628 people per hour, every hour of every day, 7 days a week, for 730 days. When the hell will someone put him on the spot about the specific logistics of that promise?

4 Likes

The debate was the starting point of the thinning of the herd. Say goodbye to Cruz, Walker, Paul. Too much exposure, too soon. Trump has reached his apogee and gravity is taking hold. Fiorina will be reaching hers soon. Huckabee? Gone. Carson? Flavor of the week. Who’s left? Bush, Rubio, Christie, Kasich; all in it for the long haul. The JV team. No.

2 Likes

Not to mention the nasty comment she made about Barbara Boxer’s hair when she thought her mic was off. So much for her umbrage at Trump and the falsely acquired sympathy of women because of it.

4 Likes

You think Christie has a chance? I wonder, he has so much baggage, not just Bridgegate but his destruction of his state’s economy…

3 Likes

I honestly cant imagine another year of this barnum and bailey shit.

3 Likes

And it hasn’t been a circus since Obama was elected?

1 Like

Conservative sites were LOVING Fiorina’s heart-rending story about

“…a fully formed fetus on the table, its heart beating, its legs kicking,
while someone says we have to keep it alive to harvest its brain.”

But that’s just made up, isn’t it?
(I’m aware of no such scene in any video)

Edited to add: Okay, Politifact has now posted a detailed explanation which confirms that it is false

6 Likes

Well, you know P.T. Barnum’s most famous quote…

1 Like

She has the Planned Parenthood videos confused with that David Cronenberg movie she dozed off to the other night. Ambien and vodka does those tricks on your mind.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available