Discussion: White Supremacist Group Exploits Mollie Tibbetts' Death In Robocalls

This is despicable. At long last, have you no decency?

7 Likes

The White Supremacist In Chef personally exploited the death of another young woman in the same way.

4 Likes

What’s that phrase? Oh, yeah, “Keep it classy.”

2 Likes

They’re white supremacists they never had any decency.

6 Likes

So this is what I have to say:

3 Likes

When I read the title I assumed the calls were coming from the White House

5 Likes

Shortly after the River led investigators to Tibbetts’ body in a cornfield in late August, Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds said local residents were heartbroken.

“We are angry that a broken immigration system allowed a predator like this to live in our community, and we will do all we can to bring justice to Mollie’s killer,” she said at the time . But on Thursday Reynolds said: “It’s unconscionable that somebody would take and utilize a tragic death like Mollie Tibbetts. It’s just ridiculous, unconscionable and repulsive.”

And Governor Reynolds you have two Republican Senators, and 3 of 4 members of the House. Have you tasked them to do something about our “broken immigration system”?

4 Likes

The First Amendment protects this kind of speech, but you know when called on it most of the MAGA people I know refuse to admit there is a white supremacist connection. They are convinced that

“when Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.” Donald Trump, White Supremacist in Chief.

The shocking thing is when I point out that the Republicans have been in charge of Congress since about 2010 forward and have had the Presidency since 2016 but have still done nothing about immigration, they change the subject to Nancy Pelosi or Barack Obama, and start chanting “lock her up.” Anything to avoid the reality that elected Republicans don’t want to do a damn thing about immigration because the donors like the current reality just fine.

15 Likes

They don’t have much left to run on. Their actual policies (the tax cut, gutting Medicare and SS, etc.) are historically unpopular. All they have left is racism and they have thrown away their dog whistles. As racist as America has been my entire life, southern strategy and all, I do not remember anything as nakedly racist as this upcoming election since George Wallace ran as a third party candidate (right before I could legally vote). I know people will point to 2016, but until Trump actually won an entire party had not thrown in with overt racism the way they have now. Ryan used to do some mealy mouthed blowback, now the only thing coming out of him is crickets and his super PAC (courtesy of the Kochs) is running flat out racist ads all over the country. Like I said before, this is going to get REALLY ugly - George Wallace assassination attempt type ugly. Accusing all Muslims running for office of terrorist ties ugly. Blaming all violent crime on people of color ugly.

WE are not rising above Trump - he is sucking this entire country into a black hole.

10 Likes

Yup.

6 Likes

You’re probably aware of this list of trumPP scandals that the Rs thoughtfully compiled, but only as a way to warn Rs to keep voting for PP because Democrats would likely investigate them with a majority in the House. The Rs themselves are too busy with one thing and another to find the time to investigate themselves.

President Trump’s tax returns
Trump family businesses — and whether they comply with the Constitution’s emoluments clause, including the Chinese trademark grant to the Trump Organization
Trump’s dealings with Russia, including the president’s preparation for his meeting with Vladimir Putin
The payment to Stephanie Clifford — a.k.a. Stormy Daniels
James Comey’s firing
Trump’s firing of U.S. attorneys
Trump’s proposed transgender ban for the military
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s business dealings
White House staff’s personal email use
Cabinet secretary travel, office expenses, and other misused perks
Discussion of classified information at Mar-a-Lago
Jared Kushner’s ethics law compliance
Dismissal of members of the EPA board of scientific counselors
The travel ban
Family separation policy
Hurricane response in Puerto Rico
Election security and hacking attempts
White House security clearances

@ronbyers

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more with Lakoff, the master of political linguistics and how they shape perceptions. I’ve been complaining about the huge diet of PP tweets every day, from the trivial outraged ones to the earthshaking policy announcement ones. We in turn turn away from the criminality of the regime to have us some fun composing some nifty responses. And for what end. It’s not like PP is reading blog posts or would give a shit about our opinions if he knew how to read.

9 Likes

As much as I personally hate getting robo-calls of any kind, perhaps the tool for undermining them is to produce robo-calls about white supremacists being lying, mouth-breathers…

3 Likes

Nice summing up. You remind me that the Wallace campaign was my coming of age politically.
Man, was I naĂŻve. .
I lived in NJ at the time and the racial dog whistles worked. “These [N-word] are getting too much for nothing” .
That was the perception – rational or otherwise. “My kid can’t get a scholarship, but these [N-word] are getting them”.
Those are actual statements I heard from blue collar neighbors. Wallace took NJ electoral votes as I recall.

5 Likes

Perhaps they should just have robocalls that say:

Don’t be stupid, be a smarty. Come and join the NAZI Party!"

I think that would be just about as effective in this election as what they’re doing now.

Edit for those who didn’t catch the reference:

3 Likes

Assholes acting like Republicans and vice versa. It’s the circle of strife. Who would have thought that would happen?

I know today I just wasn’t having it anymore.
What does give me hope is the polling showing that the Mueller investigation is important. That Donnie Boy is traveling around like a golden oldie giving his greatest hits. Now mind you I like an old tune now and then but when all you have is “Lock Her Up!” as the A side and “Witch Hunt” as a B side then I think he’s going be booking more Holiday Inn conference rooms than auditoriums.
The other thing that puts a smile on my face is thinking that as people leave the WH they aren’t finding “the best people” to replace them. And those that stay will eventually have their own circle of hell to look forward to in the afterlife.

4 Likes

I believe that also. While the media insists that “if the president says it, it’s news” what happens is more and more crazy far right conspiracy theories and straight up lying become part of our political discourse. Some brain damaged mook on some peripheral FOX channel says Google is unfair to Trump, he tweets about it, then all of the political oxygen in the room the next day is devoted to a discussion of whether Google is “fair” - all of this generated by a man who doesn’t understand computers, algorithms, or basic (and I do mean basic) science-based anything. Once you put this crap out into the political ether, 40% of the country assumes there is some truth to it, 20% don’t know, 30% say “just kill me” for the 10,000th time this year and the other 10% don’t know Trump is president. His tweeting plus our obsession with how stupid and mean he is has become the vehicle for getting all of the worst ideas in our country into the national conversation - in point of fact, has completely overwhelmed the national conversation.

He has made us dumber in ways we do not understand.
@tiowally
@ronbyers
@lastroth
@gr

9 Likes

I think I agree with this sentiment. It is news that the person who is currently known as the President of the United States of America is a TOTAL ASSHOLE. This is definitely true for all the presidents in my lifetime… not being a history buff I can’t be sure it really is the first time we’ve had such a dolt get to the presidency. I would rather have W back again, I didn’t like him, definitely thought he was an asshole too, but IMO he doesn’t come close to Trump.

It’s hard to believe that Trump’s inane tweets don’t get the entire country to hang its head in shame.

3 Likes