Discussion: White House: 'Absurd' To Suggest KS Shooting Linked To Trump's Rhetoric

Correct, yelling fire in the theater has no direct correlation to the panic that ensues.

3 Likes

Neo-confederate inspired Dylann Roof murdered eight Black people at a church.
Nazi-Klan guy Frazier Glenn Miller murdered three Jewish people at a community center.
White Supremacist Wade Michael Page murdered six Sikhs at their temple.

So this guy didn’t plan his shootings like those three guys. And maybe he wasn’t inspired by Trump’s rhetoric, just by the guys he retweets.

In Spicerspeak ‘absurd’ is code for ‘heckuva job’

2 Likes

9 Likes

Aren’t trade wars fun?

2 Likes

I’ll bet every drop of every precious bodily fluid I have that if a Muslim had walked into a bar and shot two white guys while yelling “Allah-hu Akbar!” between January 20th, 2009 and January 20th, 2017, the Republicans would lay the entire tragedy at the feet of Barack HUSSEIN!!! Obama. Ain’t it funny how that works, Felicia?

5 Likes

This is what the once proud Republican party has come to. The seeds were sown when Nixon et. al. decided to cynically take advantage of racial fear and hatred for pure political gain by devising the Southern Strategy in the 70’s. The current Republican party is the fruit from those seeds.

6 Likes

Trump’s abortive Muslim ban was the go-ahead for the Kansas shootings. Every white nationalist’s tin-foil hat is now embossed with the Trump brand and the Make America Great slogan.

6 Likes

Of course, this really didn’t happen anyway. I mean, if Sandy Hook was just a liberal conspiracy, then I am sure this is the same.
And I am also sure that Scott Baio is the greatest actor since Laurence Olivier and Ted Nugent is the greatest American songwriter since George and Ira Gershwin.

4 Likes

New TV Surreality Show

The Creatures of the WhiteHouse Lagoon Enablers

You forgot to add “straight” and “Republican” to “White, Anglo-Saxon Protestant”. But I guess that’s kind of automatically inferred, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Foreign tourism to the US is down almost seven percent, and this won’t help matters.

Pretty soon, if not already, we’re going to be lumped with the likes of Syria and North Korea as places you really don’t want to go.

2 Likes

“Rancid”, “Repulsive”, and “Reckless” also work. But “Racist” covers it all.
Wish I had enough money to post Mr. Yankovich’s comment on every billboard in America. Just to drive Trump out of his already insane motherfucking mind.

2 Likes

“Come to lovely Phnom Penh. We’re not just a mountain of skulls anymore!”

3 Likes

The daily press briefings remind me of the old ads for the 1979 movie “Alien”:
“In Spicer, no one can hear you scream.”

1 Like

Bagdad Sean! #BagdadSean

Spicer uses the word “absurd”. He should know, he is a most absurd Press Secretary.

1 Like

Spicee, y’all are the only people who think it’s absurd.

The father of the dead Indian man is telling people in India not to come to the US or send their children because Trump has made this country too dangerous for them.

3 Likes

Well put. Watching these guys crawl out from under their rocks to claim their MAGA hats is a terrifying thing to behold, and all of the hypocrites who claimed that the backlash against Obama had nothing to do with race and that these incidents are not fueled by the racial politics of the GOP are guilty of telling the worst kind of lies - the kind that get innocent people killed and tortured. At some point, it is no longer politics, it is active hate-mongering.

5 Likes

This is what we should be saying to the RWNJ’s. “Get out of my country!!”

2 Likes

India seems to feel Trump bears responsibility…

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available