Discussion: White House: 'Absurd' To Suggest KS Shooting Linked To Trump's Rhetoric

Also OT. And Mexico is targeting Texas Iowa and Wisconsin over “The Wall”. And the Mexicans are pissed off at us too (who isn’t nowadays?)

Mexico has warned the US against imposing a unilateral tax on Mexican imports to finance a border wall, saying it could respond in kind.
Foreign Minister Luis Videgaray said the government could place tariffs on selected goods from US states reliant on exports to Mexico.
Earlier, US President Donald Trump vowed to start building the wall “soon, way ahead of schedule”.
The US government says it will start accepting design proposals next month.

According to reports, the foreign minister has previously identified states including Iowa, Texas and Wisconsin as possible targets for retaliatory tariffs.
Mexico is by far the top destination for Texan exports, with goods worth $92.4bn exported there in 2015, according to the US Department of Commerce.
The wall is a sensitive political subject in Mexico. President Enrique Pena Nieto cancelled a trip to meet Mr Trump last month over the dispute and has said Mexico will not fund the wall.

Trump: The bull who brings his own china shop with him.

23 Likes

When Trump spews his hateful rhetoric and people like this guy listen, it sure in heck does have an impact.

To say otherwise is what’s absurd.

In a Kansas and southern state of mind, I read an article on Quartz this morning, in which a neuroscientist and experimental psychologist explains why she thinks people vote against their own self-interest. The reasons have been touched on by people here and elsewhere - a desire to punish others and/or seek revenge - but I wonder what, if anything, can be done about this troubling phenomenon. Maybe the dems should be sending a psychologist out to the people or become one themselves.

Maybe this will work.

https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/responsive/cover/main/desktop/2015/12/28/6358687112564030072142554660_lucy-peanuts-booth.jpg

9 Likes

What did the guy yell? Oh, right. “Get out of my country!!”

Hmmm.

8 Likes

It is Absurd that these Nazis can’t take ownership of the hate that they feed daily.

They only will, to some degree, after “Machtergreifung” has been completed and all resistance smothered. Then there is no need to any longer deny that these racial crimes are not only condoned but endorsed.

4 Likes

“Where did you get your name from?”

Um, my dad, replies Mohammad Ali Jr.

20 Likes

ThEy can’t TaX impoRts. There’s some Sort oF agreemenT in place thAt let’s GooD floW across borderS also, We are America! Damnit!

8 Likes

Gilded Corelle, perhaps. Not the good stuff.

9 Likes

When have they ever? The number of “lone” white American madmen is quite a sizable army now – and has been building for a very long time. They just celebrated its take over at CPAC.

7 Likes

”Sean Spicer said Friday that it was ‘absurd’ to suggest any connection between President Donald Trump’s rhetoric and a triple shooting in Kansas.”

He continued, “Anybody who suggests otherwise should GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY!!!

21 Likes

“Get out of my country”
It’s absurd to deny it.

4 Likes

Not exactly the condemnation of the shooting from the president we’ve been waiting for…

4 Likes

It is always absurd to suggest that which is obvious.

“a press gaggle”

A wonderful phrase, ever more apropo in the Drump Gold House, as the press is being gagged while the journalists themselves gag every time SpiceBoy emits.

4 Likes

Really! At times it sounds like a kazoo and then other times something more dignified like a whoopee cushion.

4 Likes

Just another day in DrumpfMurika…

Wisconsin man sentenced to prison for cutting off woman’s finger in Juggalo ritual

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/midwest/ct-juggalos-cut-finger-off-20170225-story.html

1 Like

It cannot be absolutely proved that a correlation exists between Trump’s unhinged right-wing rhetoric and the unhinged right-wing murderer’s actions, so Trump’s enabler conveniently mocks the idea as “absurd.”

1 Like

White House: ‘Absurd’ To Suggest KS Shooting Linked To Trump’s Rhetoric

Rather it is absurd to think that it is not… only a child would think that the daily feeding of hate over the past 20+ months by the man does not have something to do with this and other actions such as the JCC threats.

5 Likes

and does not have something I want.

Here we go again. The haters denying that their words have meaning. We will never be one with haters like trump et al.

1 Like

Twitter and the press room will be spittle flecked with red faced hysteria.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available