Discussion: WH: Trump Orders DOJ To Release Top Ex-Investigators’ Texts On Russia Probe

I refer to his tax returns as “The Keep.”

11 Likes

I sense this is an impending self-own for Trump. There could be all kinds of damaging information about to be public that he never bothered to review.

21 Likes

And he has further ordered Eric and Daniel Jr and Ivanka to release the documents in those piles of manila folders behind President Dotard when he claimed he had set up full Chinese Wall Trusts to avoid even the appearance of conflict of interest…

9 Likes

I wonder… has Trump read these memos & such? It seems like a very bad idea. Even if it is somehow a good idea, the DOJ folk are about 1,000 times smarter than him, and will be selective about what the release. Unless he is completely innocent, and all the memos and communications state that… nope. BAD idea.

18 Likes

The Universe, when asked to comment, replied with “Steven who?”

13 Likes

According to the article, unredacted texts and declassified documents.

What do they think they will find? Prior to FISA release, we had the Nunes memo with it’s “theory” of FBI misbehavior that was debunked. What’s the “theory” this time?

11 Likes

Welcome to the harmonic convergence of terrible governing decisions by a chief executive. This one is exactly the modus operandi that he and Vlad used in the election with the DNC, by the way – and similarly there is nothing legal about releasing Ohr’s texts, is there? Using selective decalssification to obstruct an investigation should explicitly be a crime, and I hope that after November it is quickly made one.

21 Likes

He’s still kicking and ticking like a good Timex watch!

2 Likes

My do

My dog is smarter than Trump!

5 Likes

With Muller saying Flynn is ready to be sentenced Trump knows what Flynn knew, he knows what Manafort knows. I am thinking his lawyers completely lost control of him. This doesn’t end well for Trump.

21 Likes

The real beauty of this “strategy” (which it isn’t of course) is that he will turn around and blame FEMA. And the imbeciles who voted for him will cheer against FEMA. It’s like the argument I had with a dog parker: he was absolutely 1000% certain that his beloved ACA coverage was not Obamacare. The stupidity, it hurts. Badly.

14 Likes

Cops: “It was the horrible smell, Your Honor, that caused us to search the defendant’s truck. He said it was just BO, which we thought possible but unlikely…”

7 Likes

Ha, The Incredibly Shrinking AG, out this holiday season!

5 Likes

What a dumb ass! I guess this is part of his plan to switch the narrative to the economy going into the midterms.

5 Likes

I suspect they don’t believe that. They fully intend to remain in power forever, even if it means colluding with an enemy country, the Mob, murderous fascist & racist crazies, they’re going to remain in control. They think.

And I assume that is why they support Trump in every single criminally and dangerously crazy thing he does. They think he’s their key to eternal power.

17 Likes

Yep, there’s not much doubt he’s freaking. And this move is due to his ironclad belief that because two FBI staff didn’t want him to be president, the entire investigation is baseless and “illegal!” and so forth. In other words, the premise of it is nuts. It’ll work about as well as it worked trying to make Strzok look bad in a Congressional hearing. But it’s a huge breach of norms and, for all I know, actual laws. It’s certainly going atop the teetering pile of evidence of corrupt intent to obstruct justice.

28 Likes

It’s a classic narcissist fumble. They fervently believe their own propaganda and can’t imagine the reality could possibly be other than they desire it to be.

20 Likes

This kind of thing has come back to bite them all more times than not.

19 Likes

It will be an interesting observation of people with limited reading comprehension skills. It’s obvious that the pages that are being released are cherry-picked, although who read them and made the recommendations is unknown at this time. What is certain, however, is that Fox and Friends, et al. will claim that the documents prove something that is not in evidence at all.

15 Likes

I still don’t get what Flood thought he would get to put himself into this, what he thought it was worth putting his career and reputation on the line for… if, of course, it wasn’t his arrogance and hubris.

16 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available