Discussion: Warren Corrects Jamie Dimon: I 'Fully Understand' The Global Banking System

I am a Democrat…and have been for 41 years…longer than most people on here…

Longer than Elizabeth Warren…

For as much as I support Senator Warren, and despise Mr. Dimon, I see nothing in either person’s comments that make this a gender issue. TPM does its readers as disservice when it lowers the level of the discourse to “Women Good, Men Bad.” This is about banking, and the fact that progressives DO understand how it works.

6 Likes

The big thing I don’t like in all this is the lack of detail of what’s actually in the trade agreement. Too many times one side has said this is good for you /not good for you. But this time it’s between Obama and Warren. How would I know who is correct?

Some of us have been a Democrat for longer than that. Have you always been a stupid Democrat, or is that something you picked up later?

6 Likes

On this one, I absolutely agree. Just because Dimon is being a condescending jerk, he isn’t “mansplaning” this to Warren. I’ve always believed that was just a term used for when a man condescendingly explains something which is exclusive to women to women such as sexism, menstruation, etc.

5 Likes

Then say goodbye to a Democratic party that sinks with the antibusiness
rhetoric of Warren…and say hello the free market crap of Bush and Cruz…

1 Like

Exactly. She responds in a timely manner and her response is to hit back, unlike most Democrats. Let’s get our tactics together.
These are bullies, the Wall street crowd and their GOP defenders. The best way to get a bully to stop bullying is to give them a bloody nose.
Clear? It is for Elizabeth.

12 Likes

Thanks for proving me correct so promptly.

Your straw man (the claim that she would get beaten in a national election) has no place in this discussion, because A) she isn’t running for national office and B) it’s not what this is about.

I’m far from naive—about anything, really—and if you want to discuss agendas, yours is both risible and monumentally stupid.

15 Likes

more like a tooth pick

On Wednesday Dimon said that he didn’t know if Warren “fully understands the global banking system.”

Well, given how badly Chase, AIG, Lehmann, etc., etc. fucked-up prior to 2008, it’s rather difficult for Dimon and his ilk to make a case that they understand it either.

He’s such an asshole.

12 Likes

20% of Democrats are Economic Conservatives and Social Liberals…without us …you would be whining about President
Romney…

I don’t always agree with everything she says (but most), but there is never any lack of clarity.

2 Likes

In order for any further kicking to be done, he has to retrieve them from his mouth since that is where she stuffed them.

2 Likes

So if the banksters are so smart, why did they collapse the whole freaking economy and come crying like b**ches to the Feds to bail them out? Where was their demands for no regulations then? Just asking…

11 Likes

That is demonstrably FALSE! “Business” as well as bankers, and the ENTIRE economy ALWAYS perform far better under Democrats than Republicans, so your comments are MEANINGLESS!

13 Likes

You’re nothing but an obnoxious troll and what happened in 2008 had nothing to do with the alleged complexities of international capital markets. If so, then the supposed pros are nothing but a bunch of fuck-ups. The meltdown post 2008 was entirely a matter of dishonesty coupled with poor oversight.

Break them all up and increase their reserves by another 10%.

13 Likes

I was at the Aspen Institute a few years back when Dimon was there…He is an overall condescending prick of the first magnitude . Especially to smart women.

Warren is spot on .

They should have broken up the biggies because they used and abused and still do. The capital markets are doing just fine with collapse HSBC and no one misses Lehamn Bros but Goldman should have been ripped a new one. They are responsible for most of the Greek problems, as well as, Spain and Portugal! Dodd Frank was watered down and the the repubs defund it at every turn,

12 Likes

No doubt Dimon truly believes what he said. But why is HE saying this. Why doesn’t he do what Presidents do when they want to push back against their political opponents, and have a minion say it? What exactly is his game here? Surely he’s too smart for this to be an accident? After all, he surely knew the reaction that would be evoked. Does this make him more popular with his peers? Is that it?

1 Like

If you truly are an Economic Conservative, then what you are seeing in the way of Jamie Dimon and company should actually be horrifying because this is not free market economics, and it is far from true Conservationism with regards to the economic structure. Rather, what Dimon and his cohorts are doing crosses the line into Corporatism. That is, incidentally, a form of Fascist thinking which puts not only corporations in charge of economic decisions, but drowns out any and all forms of competition. It deregulates the corporations, but puts heavy restrictions on small, independent stores.

What’s more, Corporatism funnels tons of taxpayer funds to corporations in the forms of tax breaks, subsidies, contracts, etc, and basically works to ensure that the rich remain rich and the poor poor.

Economic Conservativism is not like that, but hey, if you want to be a Corporatist, that’s fine. Thing is, while 20% of the Democrats might be Economic Conservatives- you strip away most of the homophobic, racist, and sexist rhetoric from the Republicans and what you have is the majority of the Republicans support Senator Sanders’ and Senator Warren’s message.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available