Discussion: Warren Corrects Jamie Dimon: I 'Fully Understand' The Global Banking System

Discussion for article #237395

This is going to be fun. You go, Elizabeth. This is why I like her staying where she is, and ready for an “in your face” response.

55 Likes

“So let me say this to anyone listening at Citi —I agree with you. Dodd-Frank isn’t perfect. It should have broken you into pieces.”

As a nation, we missed a golden opportunity back then. We need more Elizabeth Warrens to keep the issue alive.

56 Likes

For all the non-economists, who have spent entirely too much time learning how the banks have screwed the American public and the Congress that really wants to continue to get down on their knees in front of Dimon, et al. Elizabeth Warren should be rewarded the highest honor for telling them that TBTF should be broken into pieces. Anyone here really want to bail out WS…again?

28 Likes

I think I’m going to enjoy this. Normally, I don’t get much from seeing a grown-ass man kicked repeatedly in the testicles, but in this case, it may be a fun weekend.

31 Likes

memo to Jamie Dimon: never go to a gunfight with only a knife.

20 Likes

So Jamie Dimon thinks that Elizabeth Warren is just a silly girl. Yeah, right, Jamie.

17 Likes

or get into a battle of wits when you’re only half loaded…

10 Likes

He was an arrogant horse’s butt. He deserves that and more. He ought to be in jail

9 Likes

Warren is full of baloney…She is a bankruptcy law professor who
knows the law but not the consequences…she has never run a treasury trading desk nor never taken a risk position. She has an agenda without experience. She is a long term danger to the Democratic Party…

We really do need to break up any business which is “too big to fail”. I agree with Senator Sanders- if it’s too big to fail, it’s too big to exist.

What gets me about Jamie Dimon’s comments is that even I get how the banking system works these days and I don’t have a degree in banking or accounting- I just sat through MBA classes manning the cameras…these people use calculus to basically move money around in a manner that really is smoke and mirrors so that they can make imaginary money to live off of. They aren’t just robbing Peter to pay Paul…they’re robbing the idea of Peter’s pay five years from now to pay Paul today.

Gods…Terry Pratchett had it right. They’ve turned Commerce from something solid into a shared delusion.

23 Likes

Not compared to you, Snookums.

Senator Warren is far, far smarter than you, and it shows in what she said to Dimon and in what you said about her.

Now stop interrupting the adults.

21 Likes

Memo to Jamie: Try shouting at Carly Fiorina. You might have better results.

My fantasy is a world ruled by Bernie Sanders and Liz Warren…where the word reform actually means that.

10 Likes

You are naive about how the capital markets works just as she is…She
has an agenda and would get her butt beat in national election especially in Virginia,Colorado,Ohio and Florida…it is you who is being
snookered by populist demogogic rhetoric…

The arrogant prick got his ass handed to him. Get used to women that are smarter and better spoken than you, Dimon. Guess you’re rusty, having only sycophants to regularly talk to.

15 Likes

This is an absolutely perfect comeback.

7 Likes

You’re talking nonsense. Where do you get your news, information and education from? Are you just a troll?

7 Likes

“You know, there is a lot of talk lately about how Dodd-Frank isn’t perfect. There is a lot of talk coming from CitiGroup about how Dodd-Frank isn’t perfect,” Warren said in that speech. “So let me say this to anyone listening at Citi —I agree with you. Dodd-Frank isn’t perfect. It should have broken you into pieces.”

Of all the times I’ve seen “Watch as X shreds Y” in a headline, this is the first time I’ve found that’s exactly what “X” wanted to do.

13 Likes

Rentiers vacuuming up billions of nickels.

5 Likes

Just curious, what qualifies you to judge Warrens knowledge of capital markets? Second, what qualifies you to state four states she’d “get her butt beat in”? I have to assume you are some illuminati mo-fo that knows more about everything than anyone else in the world, or you are just another bullshit troll.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available