Discussion: Trump Threatens To Seat Gennifer Flowers In Front Row Of First Debate

And half of America will love it.

I’ve read a couple of disturbing facts in the last couple of days. One is, something like 70-80% of Rs support HO’s position on trade, as in, they are now anti-trade, believing it has hurt jobs and income. This is antithetical to historical R policy.

The second is that 1/3 of voters say the debates will strongly influence or determine their vote. That seems like an awfully mushy electorate. Maybe most of those are reluctant HO voters, but I suspect it includes plenty of reluctant Hillary voters as well. Hopefully it includes all of the Stein/Johnson voters, but they’re probably the most set in stone.

1 Like

Oh but my first 2 or 3 comments before being attacked were ALL substance. Scroll upthread bro so you can grok the context.

I just read somewhere that Gennifer isn’t coming. Huh. I thought they could just seat her next to Marla Maples…
Seriously, I think that kind of thing could backfire because H Clinton kept her composure during all of the spousal-activity controversies that erupted during W Clinton’s tenure. Trump’s rehash of all that would just look like more abuse and, I expect, could backfire badly. I doubt that Clinton would be at all intimidated.

1 Like

And The Late Show with Art Carney and Lilly Tomlin. That has to be in there somewhere.

@tena
I’ve been reading the NYT piece, and you get the impression he thinks just the force of his personality and the righteousness of his positions will carry the day. But there seems to have been some practice sessions first in NJ and then at the Tower because of distractions in NJ. We also know he has something similar to ADD so it doesn’t matter where he goes and what the distractions may be. His brain just doesn’t process information. The advisers are telling him

deliver the answers you want rather than worrying about directly answering the question.

@squirreltown How could I forget The Player, simply the best movie about movies.

3 Likes

One time offer.

jw1

3 Likes

hey cupcake, you got your safe space! congrats

The fundamental problem is that you come across as emotionally immature and a mysogenist, both of which lead your reasoning astray. You display little to no understanding of how people react emotionally to events, particularly women, and are unable to incorporate that into what passes for your analysis. As to the greatness of your intellect, numerous people here have scored similarly on the standardized tests, myself included. None of us is childish enough to either brag about it or believe that it in some way means our arguments are superior. Basically, you’re too boring and childish to engage with most of the time. When you’re capable of respectful, thoughtful conversation, that may change.

6 Likes

Sauce for the goose…

I am not at all sure trump can stand in one place for 90 minutes and listen to someone else talk in coherent terms. I think your comment:

is absolutely telling. I think this is exactly how he would approach conducting the office pf President. It would be 4 years of blundering from one crisis to the next and at some point he’d blow a gasket and attempt to do something really destructive. On one level the office pf President is not unlike a glorified senator as far as bills and relating to Congress but on the other hand is the awesome power he would have as Commander-in-Chief. Electing this travesty of a human being is the most damaging thing American voters have ever been faced with. The best thing that could happen in my estimation is trump nailing his own tongue to the floor himself. Then we just point and laugh. Even so the media would attempt to say he’s “Presidential”.

5 Likes

He’s so much more severely this way than Sarah Palin, who delivered a decent performance when she debated Joe Biden. A decent performance for her - for one thing she was sober, for a change.

But HO is a much different animal even than Word Salad Wasilla Kardashian. He’s -pretty hopelessly incapable.

4 Likes

The ghostwriter of The Art of The Deal told us everything we need to know about trump’s thought process and attention span. Very very deficient, really impossible for him to take in much information, wants long policies squeezed into three page summary, so If Hillary is herself I believe she’ll do very well. He may not self destruct as we’re imagining, but there’s no reason to believe he’ll acquit himself.

5 Likes

All true.

But boy a major HO meltdown would sure be fun. hahahaha

3 Likes

We also need to talk about the possibility of him skipping the next two debates on some bogus excuse if he’s judged to have failed. Of course the instant analysis of the 24-hour news cycle talkers will say he held his own, or didn’t take any guff from the woman, or something similar. And isn’t that meltdown just the reason we’re watching this for. Hahahaha

2 Likes

Doesn’t understand? Or doesn’t care?

All the test score bullshit, once again, was in response to an attack that suggested I don’t read well, even though my argument was impeccable.

I’ll make a confession here just so maybe you can hate me a little bit less. When I was a wee lad, I used to get bullied. A lot. For years and years. Eventually toward the end of high school I grew some and lifted a bunch of weights and didn’t get bullied any more.

Ever since then, I have a policy. I don’t start fights, but I do end them. And if someone attacks me first, I have no patience for the back and forth and just skip it and go straight to saying “fuck you” – while continuing to do my part with the logic and evidence.

I just don’t respond well at all to being attacked. Its a deep-seated psychological problem I have. Sorry. The good news is that anyone who doesn’t like that character deficiency of mine can easily avoid it. Just don’t attack me, bro.

If it’s really clear cut that he is crushed in the first debate, then I think it’s a real possibility that he won’t show up for any others.

But he will have people around him telling him how great he did, no doubt.

2 Likes

Of all the inadequacies you’ve bared your ass to display here today?
This is the only one that really requires debunking.

A clique?

What you’ve mistaken for a clique Bro?
Is a long-standing community of individuals numbering from hundreds-to-possibly-thousands, sharing similar socio-political outlooks.

May wish to consider that forest/trees thing Bro.

jw1

3 Likes

It’s a dream, but a “No Mas” moment would be great TV.

1 Like

More people are going to care about Trump’s tackiness than Gennifer’s past. Trumplethinskin in action.

Kellyanne sees it the same way we do.

2 Likes

Talk about arrogant! You’ve just attempted to recruit the entire TPM commentariat to your little clique! Wow!

I’m only talking about squirrelly and you and a few others who joined in with squirrelly the other day to gang up on me for my correct analysis of the deplorables comment.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available