Discussion: Trump: There's A 'Chance' We'll Have 'Major, Major Conflict With North Korea'

Yes, I was watching that, and Maddow did seem a little rattled. She claimed that Kim Jung Un would definitely interpret this as a deliberate provocation.

Is no one putting a muzzle on this moron?

2 Likes

hamlet? Never. Save your keystrokes.

2 Likes

I’m really glad he dragged all the senators up there yesterday and confused the hell out of them. I know very well they left that meeting and were privately asking each other what the fuck they were going to do with this absurd excuse for an Executive.

And @steviedee111 - there is always hope. That’s what hope is.

4 Likes

The troll is incapable of learning.

2 Likes

It gets tricky when they actually have to let him out in the wild, talking to a reporter without a teleprompter. Who knows what he’ll blurt out? The staff must be biting their nails with every question, and when he blows it, they must scramble into damage control mode, distributing the talking points that “explain what he really meant.”

2 Likes

Of course the only problem with that is the world…and therefore the decisions a President faces…are not simple.

2 Likes

Who cares about all that. It’s for-profit!

And of course, as we have seen countless times before…even that is a risky business. Because if they contradict Trump, it only encourages him to get on twitter or in front of the cameras and throw whoever is on clean up detail under the bus as he doubles down on what he originally screwed up.

Working for someone like Trump…there just aren’t any “good” solutions. His NPD will force you to accept his world view, or suffer grave consequences for resisting. He alternates between micromanaging (mostly concerning “image”), and blowing important things off. His temper is mercurial, and the slightest thing will set him off (particularly if he perceives as cause for a grievance). I could go on, but the bottom line is, he is a neverending mess of personality problems, all of which are impossible to deal with, but blend together to make him uniquely unqualified for his current job. Its like hiring someone with no arms and telling them to go bat clean up. They simply can’t do the job, and it will come as no surprise that they actually hate it.

They are trying to do that alright but the pushback here in Texas is fierce. Ever since Betsy deVoss got appointed and pissed off every single public school teacher and retired teacher in the state and a whole bunch of parents.

We’ve fought back against the voucher system hard.

1 Like

Er … that’s a lot of zeros. Saving them up for a special occasion?

As for the troll being sarcastic - that would be several neurons too advanced for this one. Expect dull, repetitive and pointless, but not humorous.

I remember the study done two or three years ago proving that Fox “News” viewers are less informed than the general public. I believe it also concluded that when people watch Fox “News” they actually get dumber. They are better off watching SpongeBob SquarePants or just staring into space.

1 Like

could well be us. ugh ! But anything to deflect from Russia - all is on the table except cooperation, transparency. Lunacy,recklessness, ineptness,nonsense,drones ‘leading’ us over the cliff. OOPS!

I’m sure DJT has not given your scenario consideration, until after the oops! moment.

A major, major conflict? Whew! I was worried it would be a major, major, major one.
Seriously I have a young relative who is 6. Now he’s a pretty smart little guy for a first grader but, still, first grader. He already has a broader vocabulary and more sophisticated speaking style than Trump. As they say, sad.

1 Like

Does it also remind you of Major Major?

1 Like

So, when the warship Carl Vinson makes it into the waters outside N. Korea and they blow it up, all they need to say is that they felt threatened by all trump’s bellicose threats. I can’t say that I blame them.

Is Obama receiving money for a speech likely to get people blown up? I thought not.

No. Korea test-fires ballistic missile. So. Korea reports it has failed.

1 Like

That sent me to the Google machine. Of course, this disinterested in everything pres would know nothing of either of these books.

1 Like
2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available