Discussion: Trump Says He Will Cut The EPA As Prez: 'We'll Be Fine With The Environment'

Discussion for article #241875

“Not cutting services, but cutting spending.”

Ah, I see. Services will be provided on a going-forward basis by the Department Of The Services Fairy.

37 Likes

Trump’s comments on the EPA reflect his true ignorance to his core. His failure to understand how and why EPA regulations are developed are probably only equaled by Palin and Cruz.

19 Likes

We’ll have the golf courses. It will be huge amounts of green

25 Likes

“They — we’ll be fine with the environment,” Trump replied. “We can leave a little bit, but you can’t destroy businesses.”

Yeah, we just need a little bit of the environment to survive. It´ll be fine.

29 Likes

I’m pretty close to certain he also has no idea what Common Core is and even if he tried to articulate what it isn’t he could only do so in the most vague, impressionistic way. Most of the people who rail about it think it’s a national curriculum, which it isn’t. The real objection is that it’s an Obama thing, which it also actually isn’t.

18 Likes

“Leave a little bit” - this is about as specific as Trump’s policy proposals go. His candidacy should be a joke, and it is impossible to comprehend how he has a large following (even among Republicans.)

7 Likes

Trump is older than me and I remember the late sixties and early seventies. I grew up in suburban Detroit and when you went to beach on Lake St. Clair you never went swimming because of all the dead fish. Portions of the Detroit River were literally violet around Zug Island. The Great Lakes were on the verge of dying. The air sucked and was loaded with lead from gasoline. Homes were contaminated with lead and mercury.

The air and water are much cleaner than they were 40 years ago. Do you really think if we didn’t have the Clean Air and Water Act that the environment would be better. The Clean Air and Water Act administered by the EPA? Imagine what the environment would be like without the EPA for the last 45 years. Trump is an ignorant demagogue.

32 Likes

Translation: "Fuck the people and the environment; in this country we serve corporations and worship money."

As his final act, President Obama should state boldly that he is in favor of clean, breathable air…perhaps the Republicans will all suffocate themselves and we can have a better world. ~ Ah! It is a good dream.~

17 Likes

Local standards of education?

So, 2 plus 2 does not equal 4 if North Dakota says so?

Trump has lost his mind, again, and he will never find it.

12 Likes

You could see the yellow haze around Chattanooga from 30 miles away. In Chattanooga itself, you never saw the sun. Total turnaround today.

7 Likes

Not huge, yuuuuuuge!

3 Likes

Exactly, I can kind of understand a 30 something libertarian hating the EPA because they are ignorant of what it use to be like, someone 50 or older wanting to eliminate the EPA has no excuse.

But the EPA destroys the Republican argument that the government can do no good, that’s why they hate it so much.

13 Likes

Trump has a secret plan already underway to move his family and all his anointed pals to a terrestrial planet in the galactic habitable zone, because, after all, you can’t stop business even if it means destroying the Earth.

3 Likes

He casually left his mind under a political science textbook, so you can be sure it is lost forever.

2 Likes

Bullshit… Trump seems to not understand that it is CONGRESS that appropriates and spends money, not the President. Congress does the cutting.

What a dumbass.

And this crap about "fine with the environment’? Does he think the President can heal our damaged planet by fiat (and I don’t mean the car)?
By everything I read concerning this man it seems he approaches governing like he’s a CEO. America isn’t a frigging business! The President is not a CEO. It may come to pass that Trump will get the shock of his life when how things work is 'splained to him.

9 Likes

which is ironic, because one of the guys that established the EPA was a Republican president.

8 Likes

What a stupid thing to say. How unconscionably disaffected and ignorant…
His Florida bordello , Mar Largo? will end up in the swamp! It is Congress that allocated the dollars not the President…

Such a crude and vulgar bully and narcissist!

9 Likes

“Environmental Protection, what they do is a disgrace. Every week they come out with new regulations. They’re making it impossible —”

Wallace interjected, “Who’s going to protect the environment?”

“They — we’ll be fine with the environment,” Trump replied. "We can leave a little bit, but you can’t destroy businesss

…

Trump, who is currently leading the Republican field in primary polls, has blamed China for the “concept of global warming,” and has said the Environmental Protection Agency is “an impediment to both growth and jobs.”

Side-notes: here and here.

4 Likes

Yes, but it was Nixon who created the EPA – through Executive Order no less. Nixon is like George W. Bush to Republicans, he never existed, or if he did, he was really a Democrat.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available