Discussion: Trump Lawyers: DOJ Can’t Fairly Assess Seized Cohen Docs

1 Like

Kimba - please hear my prayers and smote these phillistines.

41 Likes

For the lawyers here at TPM - is there any credibility to this argument? (Regardless, I’m smiling because this indicates how worried they must be about what’s in those Cohen docs)

39 Likes

Who the fuck are these dumbasses, and what the fuck do they think they’re doing writing letters to the judge instead of, oh, I don’t know, some kind of actual brief supporting some kind of actual motion?

Jesus. Where are they finding these numbnuts?

63 Likes

Your honor, we strenuously object…

17 Likes

So if a warrant is served on a known drug dealer, documents can’t be seized to prove the individual is a dealer?

15 Likes

Crook wants to determine what evidence to throw out? The strong storms rising through the mid west these past few days is nature’s way of saying enough is enough!

21 Likes

Well, in my middling legal opinion it’s the dumbest load of dumbfuckery from Dumbfuckistan dumbasses I’ve ever seen.

Okay, in fairness, it’s not totally unlike the other kind of hail marys I’ve seen other presidents toss out in the same “hey, I’m the president so give me special treatment” theory.

49 Likes

So they clearly don’t have a client list to submit tomorrow. Sad

18 Likes

I agree. A fookin’ letter to the Judge in something with these kinds of stakes? Absurd. Hey jackasses, enter an appearance, file a motion, do the goddamn basics. D’oh, act like lawyers.

Pathetic!

18 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Thanks for answering! (It’s kind of unbelievable that these folks are really trained lawyers, no?)

4 Likes

So who can fairly sort through the Coen docs inappropriately borrowed by the government?

That gal down south who issued marriage certificates to the correct couples!

Fairly assess? My butthole.

15 Likes

I would reject this argument because a person as immature as Donald J. Trump cannot possibly consider and weigh whether a group called a “taint team” can rule on a situation that affects him. It’s like insanity, he just can’t take part in the discussion, he’s not capable of it.

28 Likes

The President is not named in the case. Thus, he would not be filing motions etc.

8 Likes

Actually, the correct analogy is more like “cops seize documents from a lawyer that coordinates drug deals for a major dealer.” This is like the dealer saying they can’t look at any seized documents until he agrees they don’t violate lawyer-client privilege.

19 Likes

How the hell can trump argue this? As a non-lawyer I see him putting himself not just above the law but, rather, waaay beyond any law whatever.
And yeah, there’s something in those files that scares trump and I bet its more damaging than any pee tape.

24 Likes

No lawyer, no lawyer…you’re the lawyer!

17 Likes

On April 9, 2018, in an operation disquieting to lawyers, clients, citizens, and commentators alike, the government executed search warrants for the office, residences, and effects of Mr. Cohen.

I don’t think they’re using the correct terminology here… At least in my dictionary, “disquieting” does not mean “immensely satisfying and pleasing.”

36 Likes

Shorter Trump: “Who ya gonna believe, me or your lyin’ US Department of Justice?”

47 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available