Discussion: Trump: Hillary Clinton Was 'Nasty, Mean Enabler' Of Husband's Affairs

Not Lewinsky. Think Juanita Broaddrick, or Paula Jones, or Gennifer Flowers but especially Broaddrick. I wouldn’t rule out her making campaign appearances or being featured in some other way.

10 Likes

If there’s ever a debate, and he pulls this shit, Hillary should just chortle briefly and say, “You’re pathetic. [Wait for applause to die down.] Next topic.”

29 Likes

While defending his popularity with women

He is popular among women?

“She’s been the total enabler. She would go after these women and destroy their lives, she was an unbelievably nasty, mean enabler, and what she did to a lot of those women is disgraceful.”

Doublethink aside, all I can say is, please proceed Mr. Trump. There is still a few women you have not offended enough to lose their vote. But if you give it the ol’ Trump University try, you might get there.

34 Likes

Trump’s inner child shows its ugly face again.

9 Likes

Brooklyndweller, I sat down with my cousin yesterday. He lives in a world in which little English is spoken…and I tried to paraphrase what is said regularly by the Anglos here at TPM. About the massacre Trump is about to endure at the hands of U.S. voters.

And he looked at me with unbelieving eyes. He does not know the American electorate, but he is a sensible person…and his common sense is that this highly successful man (who vanquished 16 other GOP Primary candidates handily) would not be saying the things that he says if he did not expect continued success by continuing to say them.

The only reason that I listen to sensible people like matt, darr and chammy (who are FAR more optimistic about Trump than I could ever hope to be) is because of my greater exposure to American life (albeit with U.S. Armed Forces dependents).

When I say that Latino children are having nightmares about Trump I am not fooling.

41 Likes

No doubt - Donny will be painted into a corner very soon, at which point he becomes rabid and dangerous to even those closest to him.

The question is, will the GOP put him down or will they let him take the whole party down as he self-destructs?

12 Likes

I wonder of this is actually why he is doing this. The classic Rove move. Project your failings onto your opponent and attack them over it. Making it a “both are bad” is a win for them. That has been their strategy for decades. And too many are affected by it.

23 Likes

Wow. It’s like he’s trying to piss off every woman in this country. Do you think any of his “advisers” (attack dogs and sycophants) have tried to explain the 19th amendment to him?

18 Likes

As I recall, Mr. Trump was–to use the language he will understand–banging Marla Maples while still married to Ivana. He wasn’t just busy doing that: he impregnated her and didn’t bother to marry her until three months after the child was born. He’s in no position to say anything about Hillary Clinton, except to apologize, for Mrs Clinton was in exactly the same position–the betrayed spouse–as his first wife.

34 Likes

She needs to keep the focus on issues.

He can’t win.

10 Likes

Yeah. I was worried that he would go “normal” once he had the nomination sewed up, in a play for the mushy middle. It appears that my fears were misplaced, at least so far.

20 Likes

And just incidentally, Bill, Hillary, and Chelsea Clinton are still, and have always been, an intact family.

51 Likes

Well it might be cold comfort, but this anglo adult is having nightmares about Drumpf as well. I will fight and do all I can to make him lose. It is a fight I will not shy away. We are in this together.

39 Likes

My sense of this tells me HTC wI’ll end up with around 350 Electoral College votes. That’s known as a smack down.

13 Likes

Most of the GOP is already falling in line. 20% or so may not and bolt the other direction (or sit out) but most will find a way to rationalize their supporting him.

6 Likes

TPM should do a photo collage of every time he has done that OK sign with those stumpy sausages. Has a photo ever been reused, or are there new ones every day to choose from?

On a more technical note, how much color correction is required so he doesn’t look like a Cheeto?

13 Likes

I felt just as you…until I read an idiot piece on the site Electoral Vote about Trump’s “shift” on some of the things he has said…the person who wrote this was trying to signal some “change” in Trump. The author of this article would have to know that nothing that Trump says he takes responsibility for. So why say there is a shift in the first place?

Unless the American electorate is precisely like those my cousin (see my above post) thinks they are.

6 Likes

Looks like Trump just shot his wad. What else you got?

10 Likes

The Tabloid Candidate

7 Likes

I’ve always thought this was a uniquely volatile candidacy, worse than Perot turned out to be, and partly because of this scenario. You have to figure every wealthy person, never mind the rest of us, has a stake in avoiding the chaos a Trump presidency would cause. That means there’s a huge pool of money, never mind just Larry Flynt’s, ready to take care of people Trump has bullied into silence. There’s too much riding on taking him down. I seriously think one moderately probable outcome is he never makes it to November. This is a man who took away medical insurance from his nephew’s seriously ill child because the nephew sued him over the father’s will. There is no vile behavior beneath him, nothing he will not do. He’s like Noah Cross from Chinatown. But you can’t rock the boat like Trump is doing now and expect your billions to protect you forever. He’s putting his own neck in the noose.

30 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available