Discussion: Trump Explodes After Strzok Agrees To Testify Before Congress

I don’t think trump would care about that. He cares most about whatever affects him personally. I think he’s freaking out that some of the testimony might reveal how thoroughly the FBI has confirmed his complicity in the Russian conspiracy and how the NY Giuliani wing actively conspired to attack HRC, making trump’s victory a hollow one.

1 Like

We could debate the “intelligent” part but the GOP congress spots this demagogue and supports him.

Maybe that’s what accounts for his delusional behavior! Brain damage from decades of hair spray exposure.

I’m currently reading Thomas Fleming’s Washington’s Secret War: The Hidden History of Valley Forge. During that winter, shortages of food and clothing for his army were almost the least of Washington’s problems. He was also dealing with a suspected conspiracy among several of his generals to remove him as head of the army and replace him with Horatio Gates, the supposed hero of Saratoga, and withering criticism being whispered about him by their allies in Congress, chief among them Samuel Adams of Massachusetts (who was careful not to actually sign his name to anything), Benjamin Rush of Philadelphia, and Richard Henry Lee of Virginia.

Needless to say, Washington’s masterful handling of his critics was the polar opposite of Trump’s. There were no mean tweets, no snarky public letters, no calling people names, no temper tantrums. Washington had a canny sense of timing and often ignored insults hurled at him for the moment, preferring to allow his critics enough rope to hand themselves – which they often did. And at the end of that winter, he was clearly the man in charge, while his critics were left to scurry for cover.

One can only hope that Trump will eventually tangle himself up in his own rope.

when is FFvC going to finally stroke out and give us some peace?
[and if this were a vaudeville show instead of reality he’d have gotten the hook for repeating the same lame act over and over and over and…]

Speech and debate clause applies to Congresscritters while in Congress, not witnesses.

1 Like

That would be Frank Luntz who created that list of automatic perjoratives to apply to anything the Dems supported.

I love that word “petard”, especially the fact that it comes from the French, something every neo-con seems oblivious to.

1 Like

I thought the fucker had literally exploded. So the fucking president is still alive then? That sucks.

“so the govt has no way of legally accessing their texts.”
Well, absent probable cause and a warrant, no. But who is to say whether such things don’t already exist? (Other than the IG we’re discussing.)

Objection, Your Honor. Assumes facts not in evidence.

1 Like

“Trump Explodes…”

Where oh where is a heart attack or stroke when you really need one?

2 Likes

Mr. Strzok will survive. I read that he is well respected within the FBI. Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Do FBI agents have to swear never to make an off hand remark or text that might offend the monster in the White House?

His tweets are TLDR. Damn, he’s already boring. Now he’s going to do something radical to attract more attention to himself. We’re all doomed.

I have also seen reports the right is warning their crew that the IG will report a clean bill of health on the FISC and FISA warrant matters, with quotes from them on twitter.

That is consistent with more shoes to drop from the IG on other subject matters.

1 Like

Long live Lloyd Bridges!

1 Like

Someone in Texas might have the solution to his raving??? (not trying to be tasteless here; your post reminded me of this atrocity. . . not sure if this has been confirmed:

Traumatized toddlers screaming out for their parents with no books, no toys, no parents in sight. I’m going to caution you right now, the details of this report from the Center for Investigative Reporting will enrage you because it details a new lawsuit over the children detained in the Shiloh Treatment Center just south of Houston regularly being injected with powerful drugs, drugs that were disguised as “vitamins.” . . .
Parents and the children themselves told attorneys the drugs rendered them unable to walk, afraid of people and wanting to sleep constantly, according to affidavits filed April 23 in U.S. District Court in California.

from dKos, Article title: “New lawsuit claims Texas contractor has been injecting immigrant kids with antipsychotic drugs”, by Jen Hayden (6.20.18)

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available