Discussion: Trump Defends Flynn Hiring, Hits Sally Yates In Morning Tweets

Preemptive rage tweets. Even Dear Leader knows it’s going to be bad for him.

11 Likes

I swear this is true—I was fishing in Montana once and a fish I caught, a big rainbow, started jumping and jumping and suddenly the line went slack and I didn’t know why. Then I heard the guide’s voice from behind me. “Dude,” he said, in a kind of marveling disbelief. “The fish jumped in the boat.” Swear to God. Straight into the landing net. We laughed off and on the rest of the day.

34 Likes

Great story, and apposite AF!

4 Likes

OT: Sally Yates will be dismissed as a Democratic operative who manipulated the intelligence to attack Trump with the Flynn warning. She was setting the president up, with interpretive data that the GOP have now interpreted otherwise. They will challenge the conclusions she made on Flynn by deconstructing the basis for her determination on how vulnerable Flynn was to blackmail.
OT in another topic, perfect here.
GOP are not going to receive Yates’s testimony as they should, they are going to challenge her. I hope this is not true. They have also decided that the buck stops with Don McGahn, WH counsel. If he goes, no bigs. Lawyers like that are a dime a dozen in DC.

Also something to look for is Pence. Lately, I have not heard any rumors about Pence being implicated as the head of the transition team. So far, the reports about Yates’s testimony stop with McGahn being the most senior person to be briefed by Yates about Flynn. But Pence had to know, as the head of transition, the rumors are that Yates could have told the VP. If those rumors are true then they should be confirmed today. Look for that wrinkle.

21 Likes

Either that or he just hates the idea that a strong, successful woman has got something on him and isn’t afraid to show her hand.

I don’t think Rump knew who Flynn was from a hole in the wall before January. He was brought in by the Bannon/Miller (Pence??) crowd and just went with it. Now it’s going to blowback on Rump and he’s pissed.

13 Likes

It is surreal how inappropriate and disgraceful his behavior is.

Wow.

21 Likes

The monochromatic look is on trend, so Ivanka will be happy.

3 Likes

No argument. But Ms. Yates is an extraordinarily skilled and experienced individual, and she has had a long time, and in all likelihood all the expert advice the rules/laws allowed, to shape her testimony.
Wait and see. Unless I miss my guess, secrecy or no, we–and the reporters–will learn plenty.

11 Likes

Macron’s victory last night probably shook him up. The French Government is opening an investigation into Russia’s hacking of Macron. Everything the French intelligence services know about U. S. hacking is going to come out - if only to show a pattern.

28 Likes

Satan was once an angel. God should have vetted him better. But anyone hiring Satan now can go with the original assessment.

Revelation 12:7-12New King James Version (NKJV)
Satan Thrown Out of Heaven
7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them[a] in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

6 Likes

[quote=“valgalky23, post:10, topic:55450, full:true”]
Squirm baby squirm.
[/quote]Squirm worm squirm … squish … oops.

1 Like

Actually, Drumpfie and Flynn spent a lot of time together beforehand. Read Josh’s recent editorial post.

Here’s a quote from it (I added bold italics):

15 Likes

Please provide a list of all the contacts you had with Montana nationals while there.
Just routine…

6 Likes

Among others.

Right, and the only question is how much damage will we sustain before that happens. And the GOP who know what is going on with The Trump Crime Family, need to answer that question too. How much more damage before they show up and do their jobs? Wait a minute, if their job is throw millions to the wolves then maybe they should stay home.

What’s the White House Council, Trump? Some Steve Bannon propaganda unit?

7 Likes

It’s not unusual for a President to try to influence a Congressional hearing as this tweet from @ realTrickyDicky demonstrates:
“Don’t ask John Dean, under oath, about the tapes.”

6 Likes

I hated it when I totally saw those tweets coming. I found them appalling, I found them totally unacceptable, but I’ve gotten “used to” them in that I fully know those are now the kind of tweets coming from the Oval Office.

And I hate it. Just hate it.

14 Likes

We have to be careful about this idea that the Trump campaign was so stupid that it failed to vet Flynn properly. In fact, the whole “Trump Campaign was so dumb & incompetent that xyz” line of criticism, however gratifying, is playing into Trump’s hands, since it gives him and Pence a terrific “We had no idea what was going on with Russia and our various rogue underlings” defense to #TrumpRussia.

The truth: Trump hired Flynn because he was personally connected to Russians (and Turkey) and could be counted on to enact Trump’s treacherous agenda to promote certain Russian interests at the expense of certain USA interests. The Trump vetting was real but perverse: can this guy be trusted to do the wrong thing?

19 Likes

Or the recently deleted tweet from Trump, up for only a second, where he wrote “If Sally Yates says the words “sex tapes” and “compromat”—she’s lying”.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available