Discussion: The 5 Most Bonkers Moments From The Seminal Trump-Putin Press Conference

2 Likes

Today’s episode of “President Dunning-Kruger Is Compromised” was brought to you by white Christian nationalism.

60 Likes

The asshole that speaks has spoken again.

22 Likes

Bonkers. Idiotic. Ignorant. Self-serving. Disastrous. Treasonous.

And for Putin, triumphant.

42 Likes

It was hard to believe he went to Hillary and her emails, even here. Went on and on about the “missing servers”. Insane.

48 Likes

Trump sells out America to corner the Russian money laundering market.

44 Likes

We’re there now. We’ve arrived. This is critical mass. It’s there in living color for McConnell et. al to see and hear. Kelly, Matis, where are you? Will Republicans and White House staff be fully complicit now? There’s no going back from this.
It’s time to choose.

68 Likes

The full monty in all its ghastly glory (46 minutes total , Q&A starts at 18:30 )

9 Likes

On the other hand, supportive voices included Darrell Issa, and, uh, (checks notes) yes, Darrell Issa.

61 Likes

He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators, with respect to the 12 people. I think that’s an incredible offer.

Put another way, he offered to let us show Russian intelligence agents the details of our counterintelligence work against them.

It’s an incredible offer, all right. Incredible that anyone would be stupid enough to do anything but laugh out loud at the suggestion.

62 Likes

Putin said, “Please, just disregard these issues and don’t think about this anymore again.”

Putin: “You don’t need to see his identification.”
Trump: “We don’t need to see his identification.”

Putin: “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.”
Trump: “These aren’t the droids we’re looking for.”

Putin: “He can go about his business.”
Trump: “You can go about your business.”

Putin: “Move along.”
Trump: “Move along.”

78 Likes

Thank God for the last AP reporter or there would not have been one decent question. Even the other American could not bring himself to say “meddling”.

20 Likes

Insane, inane and so utterly incoherent.

Even Putin didn’t quite know how to arrange his face as he listened to the translation in his ear. I especially liked how he pretended to arrange his notecards.

25 Likes

Play with the ball! Now lie down. Let me stroke your tummy. Good boy. Here’s a bone.

His master’s voice.

11 Likes

Here’s to all of the pundits, reports and commentators who express surprise at anything that happened when Trump met Putin.

Willful ignorance can only carry you so far.

Anyone who continues to not see any problem after today has effectively cut off the thinking part of their brain.

24 Likes

I imagine he was saying to himself “Shut the f*ck up, donnie. Don’t ruin it for me.”

12 Likes

26 Likes

How Pence is with donnie, donnie is with Putie. Subservient, tail between legs, beholden.

17 Likes

Why doesn’t Trump lie in these situations? Does he feel that he doesn’t have to? Does he want to make sure that Putin (or someone else) is fully confident in his continued, for lack of a better word, commitment?

10 Likes

“Modern-day Presidential” ended up not really meaning what I expected.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available