Discussion: Steve Bannon Says He's 'Fascinated By Mussolini'

Nazi’s gonna Nazi

2 Likes

A homeless town drunk with mental problems - anyone who wears 4 shirts at one time…

3 Likes

About a month ago I read a book by Umberto Eco, that described one version of the events, the reason for the deformation of Mussolini’s face is that, after being executed, a woman came a shot him five times in the head, one for each of the children that she had lost in the war.

If you like conspiracy theories, in humorous, Italian way… I kind of enjoyed this book, although not his best.

I read that too, on the internet,

I have most of Eco’s books (and have read them, too) could in fact be in one of his essays (or one of Brodsky’s), the story of the British officer was mentioned. Will have to check.

This isn’t terribly surprising, especially knowing that Bannon also has a love for Julius Evola, who himself had an allegiance with Mussolini.

3 Likes

This guy was an advisor to the President of the United States.

That should cast a bright light on the notion that there were “fine people” marching with the Nazis in Charlottesville.

3 Likes

I think it’s more like a joke that needs explanation—in other words, a failed joke. :confused: “Upper middlebrow” always seemed to me like a shorthand way to describe people who try to punch above their weight class intellectually. Maybe I should just say it longhand from now on.

3 Likes

That’s all over Europe, as far north as you can go. Remember Breivik, and Norway’s got a particularly bad report card in terms of the far right. So much for being all modern and “Scandinavian,” and well in the top ten worldwide for “quality of life.”

But I don’t think I can, or anyone in this country can, throw stones at Europe. We’ve got the room to assimilate however many people want to wash up on these shores, but we’ve got Trump in the White House and White Supremacists walking around with loaded weapons in plain sight.

He was clearly loved by women. He was a guy’s guy

That’s right Steve. And in the end it turns out he was well hung.

7 Likes
1 Like

I wouldn’t mind seeing a riding crop used on him.

1 Like

Because not too long ago this “guy’s guy” was in an office just off the Oval Office documenting his own master plan on a white board. He might not be in the White House now, but his schemes continue apace. We need to be aware of that.

2 Likes

What I’m talking about is a uniquely Italian paranoia that is evidenced by the continued affection felt by a significant number of Italians for fascism and Mussolini. Steve Bannon’s idol. Which is why I brought it up. Every country has its ugly underbelly. Mussolini is part of Italy’s.

2 Likes

Yeah you can see why so many Italians fall for Berlusconi.

Cut from a similar, slightly higher end, cloth.

1 Like

2 Likes

maybe he and ann coulter could get married!

ghandi, kennedy, obama, also all loved by women. try again ya damned fool

2 Likes

eh, you’d be surprised who was wandering around europe at that time - all kinds of advance scouts, people detached from their units…

how I loved his trilogy when I was young, and was so disappointed to find out how he became a rightwinger

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available