Discussion: Steve Bannon Says He's 'Fascinated By Mussolini'

I think he have liked Goering’s sense of fashion, but Goering didn’t take the Big Step into Hitler’s chair.

@fiftygigs He would have said Pol Pot, but he had those Oriental eyes.

3 Likes

Huh! I was thinking Divine.

2 Likes

In search of “the filthiest people in the world.”

2 Likes

Poor bloated, pimply Stevie. His moment in the spotlight is gone, and he has to resort to saying stupider and stupider things to get any attention at all.
Sad.

3 Likes

I suspect he’ll be like Gingrich. “How can we miss you if you won’t go away?”

5 Likes

Europe hasn’t been so aghast since the original “Rainbow Tour” by Eva Peron.

1 Like

Well, personally I find some lulz in adding “upper” but obviously it’s an eye of the beholder thing. : )

1 Like

Italy has always had enough poverty to spark the darkest forms nationalism, the mezzogiorno especially.

That doesn’t mean you get rid of poverty and you solve the problem though. There are always those upper class twits who are attracted to types like Mussolini – in Italy, Germany, Austria – in England and France and Holland for Chrissakes. Yes, Wilders and LePen lost, but that their type can walk about in the clear light of day is pretty sad.

1 Like

That person in Italy is Salvini - the Northern League. Straight up fascist.

2 Likes

I’m always the straight man. Too serious. Sigh.

2 Likes

You’d never catch Benito wearing two shirts.

4 Likes

Right, thanks for reminding me. Or maybe not.

The only good thing to be said of Salvini is he’s not quite as bad as Michaloliakos in Greece.

Of course he is. After a few drinks and a couple of lines, this rank idiot of the right also finds he is in love with him.

1 Like

That, and not being able to make a shrine out of the burial place, which you know would have happened. This is the ‘Hitler’ solution, as far as I can see.

5 Likes

Wow. Shocker.

I on the other hand am fascinated by Mussolini’s end, hanging upside down.

Steverino, we can arrange that for you.

“Clearly, he was loved by women.”

And there we have it. An entire, twisted, superficial, ill-informed American fascism, embraced because this sadsack is not “loved by women.”

Pro tip: If it hasn’t worked by now…

5 Likes

I’m sure he’s “head over heels” in love with the Moose. I look forward to Bannon meeting the same end.

They love a man in a uniform, see.

1 Like

Mussolini wasn’t loved by women once the food shortages got underway.

5 Likes

Speaking about Mussolini; I learned about Knud Holmboe (brother to the composer Vagn Holmboe) a few years ago, he was one of the first persons, documenting the genocide in Libya perpetrated by Mussolini. He was probably murdered by Italian agents…

Back in Denmark, he produced a book in 1931 based on these travel experiences, entitled Desert Encounter (Danish: Ørkenen Brænder, lit. “the desert is on fire”) condemning the colonial overseers.[4] The book was published both in Denmark, in many other European countries and in the USA, but immediately banned in Italy. The Italian colonial powers were outraged at the suggestion that the Muslim population of Libya was being subjected to genocide.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available