Discussion: Sen. Ron Johnson: ‘The Lego Movie’ Is ‘Insidious’ Propaganda

Discussion for article #236882

I guess they need to make their own kids’ movie about how great corporations are, despite evil government oppression.

8 Likes

Corporations are not just people: They are the BEST people.

11 Likes

Spaceship! SPACESHIP!!!

7 Likes

everytime johnson opens his fucking mouth he just further proves he is the most idiotic and stupidest person to ever step foot in the us senate

i saw the title and knew immediately it was johson

but of course the even more moronic sleepwalking goopers in wisconsin will vote for him because as long as he hates enough he is qualified.

gawd - i hate the gop

9 Likes

300 Lego movies wouldn’t match the harm Adam Sandler has done. “Blended”? Really?

5 Likes

Ranks right up there with Jerry Falwell claiming the TeleTubbies promoted the “gay agenda.”

7 Likes

I’m sure that movie would turn out as well as conservative comedy. There is something about creativity and conservatism that generally doesn’t mix.

8 Likes

I believe the TeleTubbies won that contest.

jw1

6 Likes

Maybe the movie industry should issue a new rating: “WN: Not suitable for small children and right wing nut cases.”

4 Likes

I think we should see if he, Louie Gohmert, and Jim Hoft can have a three-way Steel Cage Death Match. Eliminate a bunch of “Stupidest Man in/on X” in one swell foop.

1 Like

Any sentence starting out like this has to emanate from a dark place.

7 Likes

Some people are more equal than others.

He said the movie reflected a broader “cultural attitude” and that the choice to make the bad guy a businessman trying to destroy the world for money was made “for a reason.”

Yeah, what about all those GOOD businessmen out to destroy the world for money??? How about showing some diversity, Hollywood??? I’m sure the marketplace would support such a thing.

Honey, where are my pa-a-a-ants???

4 Likes

He said the movie reflected a broader “cultural attitude” and that the choice to make the bad guy a businessman trying to destroy the world for money was made “for a reason.”

"Trying to destroy the world" doesn't seem like a very sensible business model, nor one that promises to pay well in the long run. Then again, George Bush was well compensated for 8 years so maybe I'm mistaken.
3 Likes

Businessmen have been whining about how they are portrayed in movies for the last 30 years. They were complaining about their image in the 80’s and they still have not managed to change it. Why? Because they don’t want to make any substantial changes. They only want their image to be better without having to actually do anything different.

10 Likes

Looks like Johnson is a legolomaniac. When do we drone Legoland? After all, it is a very silly place.

8 Likes

Not only was the villain a businessman but he was a RWNJ conservative. SPOILER ALERT: He did not want the Lego people to change. No movement. No progress. Everything was awesome just the way it was. And would be as long as he had the Kragle.

2 Likes

This type of ‘propaganda’ never happened in children’s movies in the past…Gov. Ratcliffe- Pocahontas, Queen Grimhilde-Snow White, Cruella De Vil-101 Dalmations…just a few Disney examples.

Did he mention Rupert Murdoch’s Avatar? This seems to have been more over the top anti-capitalism than anything else I’ve seen for years. Why not pick a fight with the angel of darkness, Senator Pedophileophile?

4 Likes

Oh, come on, you ignorant tool. Here’s a somewhat negative portrayal of a business dude that hasn’t been out of print since 1843.

18 Likes