Discussion: Schiff: Steve Bannon 'Doesn't Belong In The White House'

He is successful because he is poised and smart, and does not make crazy statements. Ranting and theatrics might make the base go “yeah”, but they don’t produce results, in fact they galvanize and help the other side. This guy is a total pro. Assertive, not aggressive. I’d like to see him go a lot higher in the party.

16 Likes

That Bannon’s still in the WH along with the lightly reported retention of his security clearance, I think, is still just a bit of PR cover as, I would also guess, Bannon, and even the President as far as statute deems possible, was cut out of portions of the loop a while ago.

2 Likes

The CBS interview with Ash Carter this morning was in this vein, adult and fascinating it could have gone a while longer.

3 Likes

[quote=“26degreesrising, post:11, topic:54044, full:true”]
It has been a very very long time since I’ve seen Democrats (successfully) on the attack like this, with the wind at their back, and on so many fronts. They must not stop.
[/quote]You are right about that. But also as the TGOP is finding out, it is a lot easier to be the party of opposition attacking from the outside, than it is to be the ones trying to run the show and defend themselves from the attackers.

All those years of shouting, “Repeal and Replace the failing ACA” which made the TGOP base get a little woody, have suddenly become, “OMG, we can’t get anything done or do anything right”.

5 Likes

Agree 100%.

1 Like

The skinny is Herr Bannon threatened to resign. He decided not to after being persuaded to stay by the Mercers. They reminded him that he needed to “stay in it for the long game.”

Quaint, huh?

2 Likes

Wrong approach. Having someone like Schiff saying Bannon doesn’t belong, only provides incentive for Bannon to want to stay.

Keep with the “President Bannon” talk. Apparently that is what is really turning Trump against him right now. And, if the various outlets reporting today are to be believed, its frustrating Bannon as well. The Mercers apparently had to step in and talk him down off a ledge of quitting in tantrum over being removed from the NSC.

This is a case where we should let them gun down each other, and not remind them about us.

4 Likes

And, jumping the gun a bit admittedly, President Schiff???

Believe me, he will have earned it, if he can make this all happen.

2 Likes

@becca656 Aand, it’s also a pleasure to hear someone speak in complete, grammatical, not to mention, well-reasoned, sentences. Reminds me of someone else…

6 Likes

Sheesh, should remind you of ANYone else not directly associated with this administration.

I have a four year old grandson who was slow to develop his speech and is still catching up and HE makes more sense than some of these noodniks.

3 Likes

White House No.
Big House Yes.

3 Likes

A good chance Feinstein will not run for re-election in 2018, Schiff would be a welcome replacement.

8 Likes

I’m thinking more along the lines that we have to now shift to the “President Kushner” talk. Then we can move on to the “President (Keith) Schiller” talk.

2 Likes

Kushner is going to be more difficult to remove I think. Because of Ivanka and grandchildren. Bannon is not family,and, either inadvertently or on purpose, has made the cardinal sin of getting in Trump’s spotlight. That’s tough to recover from, and always seems to require lots of public humiliation…something I doubt Bannon is willing to do.

If I were to guess, I suspect Ivanka’s pillow talk with Daddy these days is along the lines of how her and Jared have learned Bannon’s lessons on faux populism and Daddy doesn’t need him around anymore. Put in much simpler terms and words, of course…when her mouth isn’t’ busy doing something else.

5 Likes

Adults have been in short supply of late

2 Likes

Yup. And how much longer before wet behind the ears Kushner gets relieved of some of his duties?

Like it or not, you need a real State Department and IC.

2 Likes

Alex Jones went off on Schiff yesterday and he attacked him as gay. I didn’t know Schiff is gay. First gay president?

1 Like

I like President Schiff.

3 Likes

Jones might want to reflect on the high number of closeted and out gays on Team Jared…
Schiff’s sexuality is his own business but I know our tent would certainly make room for this titan of democracy.

3 Likes

I agree it’s his business. It surprised me cause I had no idea.

Alex Jones is a piece of shit, but I’m curious. It doesn’t matter, I just found it interesting. I always wanted Barney Frank to be the first gay president.

I’ll take Schiff.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available