Discussion: Schiff: Nunes Can’t Conduct Russia Probe While Acting As ‘Surrogate' Of WH

5 Likes

I don’t think Nunes wants to be Trump’s surrogate.

I think he wants a ride to the airport.

8 Likes

This is so disturbing. Nunes has just torpedoed the House Intelligence Committee’s ability to investigate this issue, and at the same time apparently “warned” Trump about some of the information that the intelligence professionals are looking at. Clearly a violation of Nunes’ obligation to protect top secret information, and evidence that he is working for Trump not for the truth.

While I know that Schiff is a partisan, I have found him to be an incredibly straight shooter, highly intelligent and relentless. I can only hope he pursues Nunes’ role and his violation of law

21 Likes

Shades of Watergate…

Will Ryan have the balls to remove Nunes or throw it to an independent group?

5 Likes

I fear public pressure will be the only way to get an independent commission. Nunes has zero credibility, but he’s not about to admit that he has a close-up view of Trump’s colon.

10 Likes

Heh–that was a good one.

3 Likes

Josh picked a fine time to go on vacation. I have a feeling things just got worse for the Donald and the Republicans. You can’t say we aren’t living in interesting times.

6 Likes

This baloney is going to continue at least until 2018. I am hoping we can end this nonsense then. That will only happen if elected Democrats keep up the pressure and the rest of us stay involved.

6 Likes

If that be so, I’d hate to see what you call interesting times.

2 Likes

Oops, I left out a word. I’ll go back and correct it, now.

3 Likes

Been checking some other sites and the Trump[1] Troll Army is out in Force.

[1]Russian

7 Likes

Supposedly, Nunes briefed Ryan before Nunes went to talk to Trump (but, of course, could not take time to notify the Ranking Member of the committee what he was planning to do). So I wouldn’t hold out much hope for Ryan unless and until public outrage reaches the point that Ryan thinks he can’t ignore it any longer without paying a political price.

6 Likes

The GOP can only stonewall so long; they can only spin so much illegality and then reality will kick in.

In the first place, there is still a Senate committee hearing on the 30th and those members got the ultra-deluxe briefing in the Cone of Silence from Comey and the House members did not.

This is just getting started.

14 Likes

In a reality-based world, Nunes would have had his security clearances stripped before the close of business today. There wouldn’t be any ‘discussion’ about Lyin’ Ryan having to throw Nunes off the committee … he would by default be barred from participating in it due to lack of clearances.

And he would also be up on charges for obstruction of justice and collusion with the target(s) of an investigation to obstruct justice. He just handed the Whitehouse a list of what evidence and documents to destroy.

That sound you hear is Ollie North’s shredders firing up.

12 Likes

Surrogate and Saboteur. Or, as they call it at the White House, he’s part of the SS.

1 Like

Don’t forget the Macedonia Hiwis

McClaim just called for an independent select committee. That’s why he dissed Schiff. It wasn’t circling the wagons.

@chelsea530

6 Likes

Looka here. Assistant Prez trumpee jr.weighing in incorrectly on London attack accusing the mayor of saying something he didn’t say. The whole corrupt family has it in for Muslims.

What the mayor said was:

terrorism preparedness, including providing sufficient support to the police, was “part and parcel of living in a great global city.”

8 Likes

McCain said he’s given up trying to interpret the things the president says.

7 Likes

I think that’s very prescient of you to put it that way…and probably more spot-on than you realize if in fact you’re saying that only in jest. That’s scary that so far he’s being allowed to get away with that behavior, considering how serious the issues are before that committee.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available