Discussion: Schiff: Mueller Likely Filed Charges Against Either Flynn Or Manafort

Wondering about that a lot. I would also suggest they may have a timing issue with sensitive and more specific data as well. Maybe not available for release by agreement and so on. This falls under working their own angles as you noted.

Keeping Trump off-kilter, a good thing, allows the process to move forward. Even if he pardons someone, it will at least be out there that something wrong did occur. Not sure if that is correct thinking, but keeping info close and compartmentalized is sure to make Trump insane. That compartmentalization is a trick that the NPD person will use frequently, but is just as vulnerable or more so when used against them. The squirrel caging must be incredible.

4 Likes

The Soul Train is arriving at the station! That’s worth it just for the clothes.

9 Likes
13 Likes

Twitter ban is permanent. Alex Jones having a major Woo Woo meltdown, blaming the “deep state” for going after Stone.

Time to pop the popcorn!

23 Likes

I hope it’s both.

But if it’s one or the other, I vote for Flynn. And for his dealings with Russia, not just Turkey.

Because then we have a straight line from Russia to Flynn to Trump’s obstruction of justice in trying to get Comey to “go easy” on Flynn, and Trump firing Comey when he failed to knuckle under to that pressure.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see Manafort in handcuffs too.

24 Likes

Of course he can. We just don’t expect him to.

Like we don’t expect him to open a hotel in India. Law and morality don’t mean anything in a conservative, Republican-dominated, capitalist country that purportedly stands for the equality of all human beings.

7 Likes

The leak didn’t come from Mueller. It came from the WH. That’s why some orgs are hesitating.

9 Likes

To clarify - the pardon clause in the constitution says the President can’t issue a valid pardon in ‘cases of impeachment’ . Impeachment articles have already been filed identifying a range of conduct, which includes obstruction of justice. Therefore, what Schiff is saying is that if Trump were to issue a pardon, it could be challenged in the Courts. Impeachment is not the only remedy here if Trump goes pardon crazy. By the plain meaning of the constitution, the pardon would clearly be deemed subject to court review, as the court would have to determine whether a self-interested pardon touched on a matter of impeachment.

9 Likes

The top 3 candidates are Flynn, Manafort and Kushner.

Flynn - is arguably the most legally devastating, because it would trip up Pence, and connects campaign activity to WH activities. He ties together a lot of spokes in the wheel of treason. One other aspect to Flynn is that he’s the one guy where I think espionage is a real potential issue. I have long held a suspicion that Flynn shared intel with the Russians during the transition. He had a habit of breaking such protocols on classified data when he was at Military intel. Given how easily Trump shared intel with the Russians in the Oval Office, it seems to me that it isn’t a stretch to think that this was an established pattern of information trading between the two sides, which began with Flynn.

Manafort - Pretty much ends the question as to whether Trump conspired with Russia to violate US election laws. That sets Trump up well for impeachment, but he has a majority in Congress that prevents it from happening. Also starts getting into the money laundering phase which could end up exposing the entire GOP because Manafort was a conduit/coordinator to unlock Russian money to support the entire GOP in 2016.

Kushner - Connects money laundering, conspiracy and obstruction threads. Probably means the end of the Trump Org as a business entity. Causes major tension in the family.

Based on what we’ve seen in articles, Manafort and Flynn are the most likely targets. But the way Trump has gone after HRC makes me think that Kushner is equally likely. I just don’t think Trump could’ve stepped up this coordinated effort to slam HRC on multiple fronts through multiple media sources unless he had advance knowledge of who was being indicted and thought it was alarming and threatened him existentially. The only one of the key defendants that I think would’ve informed the WH that he/she was going to be indicted is Kushner.

31 Likes

Personally, I say it’s Manafort first on charges of money laundering, collusion. The Feds don’t bust into your house with a “no knock warrant” unless they’re really suspicious of you and think they can flip you. Then, Flynn on charges of collusion. Then Kushner on more money laundering, collusion.

12 Likes

Are you reading my mind?

2 Likes

I’ll wager Manafort AND Kushner. Flynn is too easy.

Multiple Indictments probable

3 Likes

I’ll pick all of the above! Seriously, I want them all in matching bracelets and crying like little bitches. I also want a pool started on who flips first? I’m betting Golden Boy Kushner will rat Daddy Trump out in a NY Minute.

4 Likes

Whatever else happens, it would make me ecstatic if this smug, sanctimoniously vile hypocrite got swept up in this business as well. I’d love to see an extensive forensic examination of all her campaign donors and their donations, as well as an analysis of her “supporters” on twitter and FB.

Relative to their electoral size, few entities have been as amazingly valuable to the Republicans as the Green Party has been. “Useful idiots” doesn’t begin to capture the situation.

21 Likes

I think she will. Just a hunch.

5 Likes

[quote=“khyber900, post:29, topic:64354”]
The top 3 candidates are Flynn, Manafort and Kushner.
[/quote]And if it’s all 3 on day one of indictments, it’ll be a kick directly to Trump’s nuts.

8 Likes

All three of them. :joy:

6 Likes

Please forgive if already posted, but you’re going to love this, folks.

https://twitter.com/i/videos/924112609409875969

7 Likes

If Mueller really wanted to fuck with people, he’d come out wearing a Halloween mask and announce indictments of Hillary Clinton and John Podesta, wait a few seconds for the stunned silence from Dems and wild cheering from Trumpers, and then yell “PSYCH!!,” take off the mask, and then proceed to the arrest of Manafort.

4 Likes

One thing i’ve noticed during the buildup to these indictments is the almost complete silence by the Republican leadership regarding the entire investigation. All of the pushback is coming from the White House, while both McConnell and Ryun have not said anything, other than what’s relevant to their agenda of tax cuts and healthcare cuts.If the leadership is not putting up any fight on behalf of their Party’s President, that tells me they know most of what we’re hearing outside the beltway is true.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available